Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Found few new shooting places, most of the pictures aren't good enough because dirty camera lens. I cleaned lens before shooting, but obviously not well enough.

Just one lousy pic this time. :mad:

Hey AD, never seen a lousy photo coming from your camera, your discarded pics are ones that most of us would love to be taking! ;)

Few shots from last night..
My invisible airspace shield (Military shooting area) was in Active Mode.
Definitely clear airspace for beamshots.. :shhh:

Days are getting shorter and even stars are visible with bare eye..
Ursa Major can be seen on last images..

HI-Res images via click.. :)

Few shots from last night..
Days are getting shorter and even stars are visible with bare eye..
Ursa Major can be seen on last images..

hahaha, I looked at the photos before I read your comments and thought to myself, "what a treat, I wonder if he realises he captured Ursa Major in the last shots". :beer:

You know when I was a kid I'd read the World Book Childcraft Encyclopaedia and I would read about Ursa Major & Minor.
Then I go outside with the Encyclopaedia open to the star map and line it up to North but always ending up frustrated because nothing would line up. :yabbmad:
I was too young to know that I was in the Southern Hemisphere. :banghead:

Beautiful shots once again Arctic !
Next, you need to get yourself a drone and get some aerial shots.
That's what I plan to do with my drone soon.

RB
:beer:

Thanks again for some very nice beam shots as the nights get long there. I guess it won't be too much longer until the snow starts to fly and we will get to see all new photos.

hahaha, I looked at the photos before I read your comments and thought to myself, "what a treat, I wonder if he realises he captured Ursa Major in the last shots". :beer:

You know when I was a kid I'd read the World Book Childcraft Encyclopaedia and I would read about Ursa Major & Minor.
Then I go outside with the Encyclopaedia open to the star map and line it up to North but always ending up frustrated because nothing would line up. :yabbmad:
I was too young to know that I was in the Southern Hemisphere. :banghead:

Beautiful shots once again Arctic !
Next, you need to get yourself a drone and get some aerial shots.
That's what I plan to do with my drone soon.

RB
:beer:

Thanks Andrew! I've been waiting to get a change to take pictures of Ursa Major long time. Last time in spring when there was enough darkness, Ursa Major was in Zenith and it was very difficult to capture. I've tried to capture it with my previous camera few years a go, but I had to use 30sec exposure. Stars are getting trails with that long exposure.

I have few friends who have a drone, so no need to buy one yet. -And I can't carry a drone on my hiking trips, camera & lasers are weighting enough already.. :crackup:

Thanks again for some very nice beam shots as the nights get long there. I guess it won't be too much longer until the snow starts to fly and we will get to see all new photos.

Thanks Paul!
Hopefully not yet soon, I would love to take some autumn pictures first..

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Brilliant shots again ArcticDude. :)
That capture of UMa with that landscape was cool. :beer:
Andrew, now that would be good to see. :) You would need a very good drone though.

Edit: ArcticDude, get a drone that can carry. ;)

Last edited:
Brilliant shots again ArcticDude. :)
That capture of UMa with that landscape was cool. :beer:
Andrew, now that would be good to see. :) You would need a very good drone though.

It's ain't the drone weight what I am afraid, it's all the extra batteries :D :D

Last edited:
-And I can't carry a drone on my hiking trips, camera & lasers are weighting enough already.. :crackup:

Bingo Curtis !!

This is my little buddy, "Alpha-Charlie-Bravo"
Folds up to fit in the palm of my hand, has a small pouch that's smaller than a man bag :crackup:and can go 7 km or 4.3 miles, 30 min flight time, 4k gimbal camera.

Mav.jpg

Last edited:
Bingo Curtis !!

This is my little buddy, "Alpha-Charlie-Bravo"
Folds up to fit in the palm of my hand, has a small pouch that's smaller than a man bag :crackup:and can go 7 km or 4.3 miles, 30 min flight time, 4k gimbal camera.

Mav.jpg

My gear bag weights over 20kg already... :crackup:

BobMc

Once again awe inspiring pics, your pictures always put such a smile on my face. :thanks:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That drone is perfect! :D
20kg+1kg! You won't even feel the difference. :crackup:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
More nice work AD, it looks as if you now have your own Guide Star laser up there!
I really like your number 3,4,and 5 shots, for the dock and moon in number 3, and that green glow reflecting off of the grasses in 4 & 5, good stuff!
:kewlpics:

Few shots of this night..
That beautiful silence was here again!!
No shooting on military area, just that peaceful and lovely silence of nature.. -And most awesome sunset I've ever seen.. :beer:

HI-Res Images via click..

Very nice. I would love to travel there this time of year to see nature as you get to. Dang, still can't rep you again. I'll get back to you. :yh: