Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

I will upload more beamshots / hi-res images when I get back home. :beer:

NUBM07E + Sanwu X3
P1110084.jpg

P1110085.jpg

Last edited:

Hmmmm....NICE PICS...SOoooo...Ever wonder...what happens to our Photons...out in space...Mmmm?? How far does the the " Coherent Finger of God " go ????

Well assuming that space is mostly devoid of matter to interrupt the beam travel...well...maybe for our Solar system...and this is just a guess...

So....after doing some machining work today....I did a little ....errr...calculations !

Oh...I dunno...let's pic our beam termination as the planet...Uranus !!

Uranus is on the average...2,870,972,200 km from Earth....Using the 137 calculator, and using the divergence for the NUBM07E = 0.65mRad

See: http://www.pseudonomen.com/lasers/calculators/diameterCalculator.html

This equated to a projected beam diameter of 14,866,134 km Wow !!!

MMMMMmmmm.... Uranus has a equatorial diameter of 51,118 km

SOoooo....FYI....the beam geometry would greatly exceed the diameter of Uranus.

....Now...ya know !!! Fascinating hey !!! The beam is Tooo big fer Uranus !!!!!

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus MMMmmm ... Such a waste "o" time !!!...But...ya get what'ya pay for !!!!! As R.Crumb sez....
" Mish mash mush...Ka flush....Squink Squank Squonk....Ka Flonk " !!!

Sooo...Yer .... Mind has now been enlightened....and now...cannot again return to the darkenss !!! Hahahaha

Last edited:
Heres a couple more i took last night... just playing with my apc mini with live control
attachment.php

attachment.php

edit: arcticdude... im loving your backrounds.

Attachments

• beamz1.jpg
    beamz1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 473
  • beamzz1.jpg
    beamzz1.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
@CDBEAM777 It has been a very long time since I heard an R. Crumb quote!

Last edited:
Note...This is a blatant and pitiful attempt to get a reply to my post on " What happens to our photons in space ". ( Post #36)..I bet you'all are just too stunned to reply to such an insightful post hey ???:beer::beer::beer::whistle: or...it is just SOoooo stupid...no comment can negate the memory !!! hahaha

Last edited:
Back at you to .... " Keep on Trucking "....and.... Underground Comics are gem's in the treasure chest of American Pop Culture...Hmmm. ???..maybe there is an app 4 them !!! or...at least an app for " Zippy the Clown " :wave::wave:..." Are we having Fun yet...Yow "...Sorry for the Timothy Leary inspired thread hijack AC !!!

Last edited:
My favorites were Zap Comix and Snatch, though the latter was pretty twisted. I haven't seen one since 1971.

My favorites were Zap Comix and Snatch, though the latter was pretty twisted. I haven't seen one since 1971.

Zap was great !! As was Uneedacomix....and The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers..........I have several vintage treasures !!! What a blast from the past !!!.... AAAAaaaaaaggghhhhhh !!!! But alas...these are the entertainment of us T.Rex's...and...they WERE cutting edge.....and had many messages from the soul of that generation...And Today...we have a global hunt for Pokeeman !!

Can you say...ENTROPY !!!!! :cryyy:

Last edited:
ENTROPY: The thermodynamic law that states the universe is always moving toward chaos. Pokemon Go!? it is true. The counter culture that brought us Zap, Keep on Truckin', Fritz the cat, and so forth are a time long gone from us, I am afraid. They are a treasured memory for me as well.

Last edited:
How far of a travel for you to get these shots? Really incredible land your capturing. Would be really nice to have a trail illuminated by a nice beam(s) and a couple dozen mirrors. Maybe a trail that circles back. I would print that last photo on a 24"x36" and frame it. Really incredible range of colors with the depth of the blue to the pinkish orange sky. Not a ripple on the foggy waters. An assortment of shoreline vegetation. And the green photon beam shooting right into the lens of a surveillance satellite. What is the original resolution of that photo?

How far of a travel for you to get these shots? Really incredible land your capturing. Would be really nice to have a trail illuminated by a nice beam(s) and a couple dozen mirrors. Maybe a trail that circles back. I would print that last photo on a 24"x36" and frame it. Really incredible range of colors with the depth of the blue to the pinkish orange sky. Not a ripple on the foggy waters. An assortment of shoreline vegetation. And the green photon beam shooting right into the lens of a surveillance satellite. What is the original resolution of that photo?

Thanks, all pictures have taken around my neighbourhood. Just few min walk for each location. You can look full resolution images modifying URLs, just take " /c_scale,q_90,w_1024 " part off from URL.

Change:
Code:
http://res.cloudinary.com/arcticdude/image/upload/c_scale,q_90,w_1024/v1472624565/Tiilijarvi/P1110309.jpg
to
Code:
http://res.cloudinary.com/arcticdude/image/upload/v1472624565/Tiilijarvi/P1110309.jpg

P1110285.jpg

P1110288.jpg

P1110293.jpg

P1110299.jpg

P1110303.jpg

P1110304.jpg

P1110309.jpg

Beautiful dusk or dawn photos. The first two didn't come out, though. Looks like a transcription error.