Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Emergency

Did someone edit mine account i seen it today mine signature is gone Alien Abduction i just figured it’s maybe the cell phone but can’t see it 😵‍💫

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Just as an example this is what has been happening. We've found a few accounts like this so far. All the users' profile aspects, Location, About Me, Occupation, etc were turned into spam links and the account posted a single spam post. This must have happened just today as this user had just posted a legit message this morning.

1.jpg32.jpg

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
It first hit a bunch of old spam accounts from years ago. I was going through them and noticed the same url. I figured they just were linked together but then a few members got caught up in it. Seems to have stopped for now but it might happen again so make sure you guys have good passwords at least. I changed mine just in case because I had clicked on the url already.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Ears and I deal with typical spam everyday but this one shook us up a bit. Violating members is going too far imo

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, that one was serious. I don’t think I’ve seen account hacking for the intentions of just spamming before. Makes me wonder what else they were playing at.