Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Electra-6

gbp007

Hi, i just recently purchase my first violet laser handheld and im waiting on arrival and was curious if anybody has the electra-6 model and how is the quality and does it show the beam in a dark place ? I decided to spend a little more and get the elctra-6 instead of the electra-5, so im hoping is worth it..Does the beam show up nicely with a portable fog machine ?

Also i have the aqurius 5 blue laser handheld and which one would be have the brighter beam out of the aquarius 5 or the electra -6 ?

ped

Some links would be nice so we know what company & laser your dealing with?

Those are laserglow models. I doubt you'll see the beam from the Electra-6 without smoke or fog. The Aquarius will be loads brighter.

I love CNI's products and Laserglow too, but I really hate to break it to you .

You have spent $300 on $20 laser.

The wavelenght of the laser is around 405 nanometers, and it's on the very edge of the visible spectrum.

Beam will be very very difficult to see and brightness for the power will be rather disappointing.

For $10, you can purchase the sled (optical pickup part from the drive) which contains 100mW 405nm diode , which you can use to make your own laser.

Electra is worst possible choice to spend $300 on. Sorry :(

For $300, man I'd pick up something of this:
350mW solid green laser module/adjustable/IR filtered [OL-532M-350] - $259.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Or:
400mW green laser torch /focusable/waterproof [OL-532-350] - $196.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Or:
1W 445nm blue Laser torch/waterproof/focusable [OL445T-1W] - $189.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Yes, that's aproximately One WATT of 445nm (much brighter blue color) laser for $200.

But, the built quality of the laser you have purchased will be far superior to any of these.

Personal preference is a factor too. So this is just my opinion.

wel i got to of those ( actual CNI units not Laserglow's ) one is metered 71mW one at 83mW i cant see the beams without smoke only with some smoke i can.

so i would say you need allot of smoke to see the beam of the one you orderd

Quality is pretty good though. nice dot ( bit to big for my taste, like 3mm @ meters distance ) feels really good, good finish.
but like Eudaimonium said you bought a laser that can be made or bought here for like 50$ total, that is without the nice things you do get from LG like the case and such.

You could have bought one of mine for 300$:p lol j/k

anyway it will be a verry nice,good quality,sturdy laser you bought but you might have a hard time going to see the beam.
But as mentioned in some other posts its all about how well you see 405nm i kinda have difficulties seeing it properly

Last edited:

gbp007

Thanks for all the help, i actually ended up ordering the one from laserglow, i should've looked around first for a cheaper price though...Im looking forward to see how the beam looks like with my fog machine..