Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eggs, yup it's about egg's...

GSS

Got an 18 pack the other day and grabbed the first 3 up front in the crate this morning and cracked them open and all 3 were double yoked:whistle:
Wondering how many more might be in this case:thinking:
Does a double yoke egg bring you good luck or bad luck?
Was it the roosters doing as no way it's the same hen's eggs?
RB had told me the 405 lasers are great for corraling his chicken's, maby he mistakenly is on to something:eek:
:can::can:

Edit: made 3 more eggs and still the same double yokes...

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I've only ever come across one with two yolks, so in order for a batch to have multiple, there must be something going on there. :thinking:
Anyway, how do you like your eggs in the morning? With two yolks please. :p

Last edited:

badscr

Can use a strong flashlight shine through the egg and you can see if it is a double yoke.

Edit:
So I saw that on cnn years ago. I just grabbed my strongest flashlight (cheap) and an egg. Results: Think I can make out the yoke but it’s very difficult and unclear. It is not like what they showed. Im feeling misled.

Last edited:

GSS

Can use a strong flashlight shine through the egg and you can see if it is a double yoke.
Didn't know about the flashlight I will try as they are white eggs also:)
Curtis, maby 5 other times my whole life too. Now 6 in a row:thinking:

Hi GSS,
You were just lucky to get three in a row. The reason for double yolks depends on the hens And has nothing to do with rooster spunk. A hen does not need a rooster to produce double yolk eggs, My hens lay them frequently and I do not have a rooster. Besides roosters are very arrogant and cocky and noisy. The better the hens are fed the greater chance of double yolks. I feed my girls all natural goodies besides their normal feed ..

Rich:)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Peter got 6 Rich, surely that is unusual? :thinking:
Although I can't say I know much on the topic. :)

GSS

I didn't know you raised them Rich? What don't you do buddie:):eg:
I always also thought roosters were needed:eek: Like Curtis said i'm up to 6 in a row now from regular Stop and Shop eggs..

GSS

Have you done the lottery today Peter? :p
I just did:)
I played a MA quick pic that pays $100,000. 5 numbers to pick from 1 - 40 for the jackpot..
It came out 1 3 4 5 7 out of 40 numbers.. That's not good odds:whistle:

Last edited:
Hi,
Rooster spunk is only needed if you want to hatch the eggs for young birds ( Pullets ) The rooster copulates with the hen for about 5 seconds and on to the next inseminating as many as possible. I have hens now for the last 9 years A hen will lay an egg every 26 hours as they get older it slows down a bit. When a hen lays there is a flap that covers her butt crack and comes out the egg hole. You can also tell the egg color that the hen will lay by the color of her ears, Red ears make brown eggs and White ears give White eggs.
@ Curtis yes it is unusual to have that many in a dozen of store bought eggs Agreed.

@ GSS,
Go get a few lots tickets as Curtis said and go get some more eggs at S&S.. Hey its a bonus double the cholesterol LOL !! Hey folks been eating eggs for thousands of years and lived to e a ripe old age so dont worry buddy. I'm have some in about 15 min with Taylor ham and toast with a cup of Joe..

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I just did:)
I played a MA quick pic that pays $100,000. 5 numbers to pick from 1 - 40 for the jackpot..
It came out 1 3 4 5 7 That's not good odds:whistle:
Well, those odds are similar to those eggs so good luck. :D

What came 1st, the chicken or the egg ?

egg-candlers-process.jpg

Hi Red,
I vote for the chicken came first only because you need a hen to incubate the fertilized eggs that the rooster spunked in, gnarly dude.!!!

D

Deleted member 16589

We have chickens and for a wile last year one of them was laying a lot of double yolks.

Anyone ever seen this

I got here too late. Yeah, the flashlight or in the day, candle was used to see if an egg was fertilized and thus would give you a chick. No chick, you won't see anything. I like eggs though it has been sometime since I had any. Just figured I don't need the added fat in my diet. It has also been awhile since I had a double yolked egg.