Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ebayser

S

SenKat

Post the link without the http:// or the www. and someone can go in and edit your post.

S

SenKat

Save your money - shop at DX and buy the exact same item for less, and from a reputable company.

ngiapy

but i am afraid that dealextreme emits IR,according to what i see in many of the posts here. is that true?

I had a laser from ebay,i dont know if you noticed but every laser on ebay has the same casing!
Dont buy any laser from ebay they ether put out so much ir they blind you or break before they get the chance :p :p

C

Chris.

There's a guy selling 50mw green samsung diode pens with IR filtering, but they are ~£60.
I second using DX though.

Rhith

Don't make SenKat come back! We have proven time and time again that the units from DealExtreme DO have IR filters. We know the quality isn't good though and they probably have the same quality IR filter in them from the 5mW Pens up to the "200mW" Pens. Others have shown they are lacking a proper IR Filter but if you stick to the pen lasers I'm sure you will be fine. ;D

Lorgar

ngiapy said:
but i am afraid that dealextreme emits IR,according to what i see in many of the posts here. is that true?

I tested my True dx 50 mw with a nightvision monocular and could only just make out the beam
I couldnt even see a glow from the apature itself

My Nightvision uses a snap on IR flashlight to iluminate total darkness areas.
Its only the really overdriven ones that people get worried about

ngiapy

wow thanks for the input from all of you guys! so from dealextreme, what's the highest power i should consider?

S

SenKat

Every DPSS laser will emit some type of IR....it is inescapable ! The DX lasers do not emit more IR than any one elses' lasers do - I have seen so many different reports on the higher end DX units that I am reserving judgement on them until I personally get a hold of one or more to test. If IR is a huge concern, stick with the color RED, and go non-dpss :)

Rhith

Probably stick to 50mW max with the DX lasers since the quality is so low they might die at an early age so you don't want to be spending too much. But for mW per $ value go for the True 30mW.

The seller is in Singapore and only has 2 feedback. If he says IR is not a problem then he's probably lieing. He might not be lieing for sure but I wouldn't trust him at all. If it's you first laser then I'd save up and get one from a respected company or get a leadlight whcih is only the 5mW. My first was a 55mW so it's your choice.

Hi ngiapy! I do a lot of suppling for the astronomer pals I know, and they often trade up, so as soon as I get a traded in 30 or 50 mW laser, I'll let you know! I don't think it gets cheaper than that! ;D ;D ;D