Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eBay laser pointers with ir filter?

So my first green laser just came in today and it's the one that looks like a pen. So far on the first day it's working pretty good and is visible from very very far away.

I'm pretty sure it doesnt have an IR filter since the "dot" is very bright and large and has some sort of "shine" like if I was pointing it at metal.

It came with 5 star caps and they look amazing too.
So this laser cost $5.99 with 5 star caps.

I'm still waiting for my other one (the one with the battery and charger) and hopefully that one comes in as good as this one.

Cel

I'm pretty sure it doesnt have an IR filter since the "dot" is very bright and large and has some sort of "shine" like if I was pointing it at metal.

IR is invisible to human eyes.

Last edited:

GSS

As Cel mentioned you don't need to be overly concerned with IR. The beam is where your concern should be focused. Basically as long as you don't have the beam pointed at your eyes you don't need to be concerned with IR. Watch where you point it though as you can be hit in the eye by a beam reflection. Think of it as safe with the beam, safe with the IR;)
Not all 532nm lasers will blow if you put the batteries in backwards but it's best if you don't goof. For most the batteries go the opposite of a flashlight so that the + end goes towards the tail/back end.

In a side note I went through all of my lasers and I have 28 532nm ranging from 25 to 93mW (peak and that includes the IR) that I am going to be offering to anyone who wants them 2 for $20 or 4 for $30 which includes US shipping priority mail small box shipping that will cost me $6.80. The catch is I'm going to have them in groups so that if you buy the highest mW one then you get the lowest mW one left as your second. If you want 4 then you get of whatever higher output ones you want and the 2 lowest ones left. They will all come with whatever batteries happen to be in them also and all will have batteries. Paypal only
One catch is GSS gets first dibs on anything before anyone else too:)
If anyone missed out on Pman's offer, just to tell I got my 4 from him and they were all in some nice modded Ray"O"Vac hosts and sweet a TrustFire. "battery included"
Guy's don't miss this chance, there is no better deal for a nice 532 pointer:)

Last edited:
If anyone missed out on Pman's offer, just to tell I got my 4 from him and they were all in some nice modded Ray"O"Vak hosts and sweet a TrustFire. "battery included"
Guy's don't miss this chance, there is no better deal for nice 532 pointer:)

I'd like to get a couple! Where can I check them out at, are the ones on his "Pete's favorite color is green" the ones he's selling?

GSS

I'd like to get a couple! Where can I check them out at, are the ones on his "Pete's favorite color is green" the ones he's selling?
I think so, at least he did to me:eek::)
If you go to the pic's where he shows the 80mw to 99mw it looks like I got 1 similar to the top 2 lasers and for sure the last green handled one at the bottom. Also an ebay pen host but with a fastech module upgrade.

I think so, at least he did to me:eek::)
If you go to the pic's where he shows the 80mw to 99mw it looks like I got 1 similar to the top 2 lasers and for sure the last green handled one at the bottom. Also an ebay pen host but with a fastech module upgrade.

Niice!!! There's an all silver host with blue accents that I really like, I shot Pman a PM just now so got my fingers crossed.

Reactions: GSS