Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay BR pens

I bought 2 of these BR pens about 3 weeks ago. They are my first 405nm lasers and I think they are very cool. But I'm not sure mine is up to spec with a lot of other peoples lasers on here. It is bright (cosidering what color it is). The main thing i see on here is people being able to see the beam. I can barely see it at night. And indoors when its dark i can see it. I can see it a little when its light out, but only when its smoky. And it doesn't get warm at all on any body part.

Its still a really cool laser, and i plan on keeping it. It guess others' reviews made it out to be more powerful.

Because 405nm is on the edge of UV, everyone's eyes act differently to seeing it. Even high power Blu-Rays cant hardly be seen by some people. Go outside in fog, or high pollen, and you should see the beam clearly.

MrRay

Well, I thought I would share my Laser, just got it in the mail today .... here is a beam shot.. Im at work building a house so theres alot of dust flying around.. still a very nice shot, looked 10x better in person

~34mW.
(Clicky to make bigger, dident want to rape margins.)

Hey guys, I just recently received mine from etimeshop today, and it's actually my first <5mW laser.

Might I ask what you're powering yours with? I have two rechargable 1.2v AAA batteries that I'm using, and I don't seem to be getting the same results.

My beam is not visible at all and the point doesn't seem to be very strong even when taking into account the fact that it is 405nm.

Should I try buying stronger batteries? I've already tried lengthening the spring to make the contact better although it is not changing much.

Hey guys, I just recently received mine from etimeshop today, and it's actually my first <5mW laser.

Might I ask what you're powering yours with? I have two rechargable 1.2v AAA batteries that I'm using, and I don't seem to be getting the same results.

My beam is not visible at all and the point doesn't seem to be very strong even when taking into account the fact that it is 405nm.

Should I try buying stronger batteries? I've already tried lengthening the spring to make the contact better although it is not changing much.

I finally received my etimeshop blu-ray laser a couple of days ago after ordering it February 24th. It got damaged in shipping and sent back to etimeshop before leaving China so they had to re-pack and re-ship, but it is giving me the same results you're seeing. The beam is completely invisible and the spot is weird. Very dim, unless shining on something white or fluorescent, then the spot is about the size of a nickle or a quarter and has a lot of speckles in it. I believe the speckles to be reflection artifacts from the texture of the material. If I shine the beam through a translucent piece of plastic it forms a bright blue spot about the size of a pencil eraser with a lot of back and side scattering. The laser will lite up the entire interior of one of those plastic drawers you get at wal-mart with blue light if you shine it through the plastic front.

I think what is happening is that these lasers are farther into the UV spectrum than others so we can't see the beam or spot directly, only the fluorescence induced by the laser. I noticed that if I shine the laser on the dirt path in my back yard (to entertain my dog) that the laser spot is only barely visible as a large dark purple spot the size of a silver dollar and it gives the appearance of leaving a bit of a short trail behind it as I move it. The dog has trouble seeing it and frequently loses track of the spot.

My etimeshop green laser, on the other hand ROCKS. My bird-dog / black lab mix will chase the spot until my arm is tired of holding the laser, then will stand at my window and bark for about half an hour if I go in before she's done playing. And after the first time playing with her with the laser, I woke up the next morning to find small holes all over my yard where she was apparently digging trying to find the green dot. And I'm not talking one or two holes, I'm talking 40 or 50 holes just about big enough to bury a grapefruit.

MrRay

Under the De-construction of my etimestamp laser i found if you remove the silver tip its a focusable lens. was able to smoke white paper with it at focus. only bad thing about my deconstruction is i turned the pot up all the way and got it to burn white paper... then it died =[ but i recommend taking the silver tip off and using the focus if thats what you are looking to do, or just to focus it a little more for a better "dot"

Under the De-construction of my etimestamp laser i found if you remove the silver tip its a focusable lens. was able to smoke white paper with it at focus. only bad thing about my deconstruction is i turned the pot up all the way and got it to burn white paper... then it died =[ but i recommend taking the silver tip off and using the focus if thats what you are looking to do, or just to focus it a little more for a better "dot"

How does one focus the laser after removal of the silver tip? I see a black threaded looking thing, and a lens. It has two dots indentations in it, but I don't have a screwdriver or anything that would not scratch the lens if I put it in.

MrRay

How does one focus the laser after removal of the silver tip? I see a black threaded looking thing, and a lens. It has two dots indentations in it, but I don't have a screwdriver or anything that would not scratch the lens if I put it in.

I just twisted it with my fingers

You may have to remove the loctite that is on the lens to hold focus. After that it should turn very easily.

BTW, my first one died last night. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

if you want to remove the silver tip do you need to pull it off or screw it of or somehting??

members..... i will rememember you that i have a true 90mw from rayfoss.. and the beam is difficult to see..... and the dot is very dim.... compared to a green.

so.. what would you expect from a 5... 20.. 40 mw of bluray? nothing.

i think that to really play with blurays.... i need more than 200mw.... better if 500mw.

no lol.. just burnt finger tips now -.-

you said you just twisted it with your fingers after removing the silver tip. but your fingers are to big to reach inside the host and twist the blackthingy (if thats the thing to ajust the focus.)

so i suppose you took it appart.

how? i removed the black rubber kinda stuff around the spring. no what?