Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX200 burning at 2 feet

just a quick clip of my DX200 lighting a match at 2 feet... :)

Attachments

• P3030267.MOV
    4.6 MB · Views: 91

thanx....im really starting to enjoy the science of focused energy devices....very interesting!! :)

Amnizu

Congratulations on getting a good laser from DX, not everyone is so lucky. It looks like it's not only powerful, but well-collimated too.

....maybe thats why my eyes have been hurting?....lol ...Just playing....

....I would love to find out how to check for IR output....how can i be sure??.....and if it were to have a filter i am sure the reduction in output would hinder its effectivity....i am actually more interested in raw power than pretty lights...as long as i can see any beam at all thats enough pretty for me...now if i could burn a hole in concrete...THAT would impress me.....haha....do they make IR filtering eye protection for laser??..

-Jack

(UPDATE: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1206669883)

Switch

BoostCrzy said:
....maybe thats why my eyes have been hurting?....lol ...Just playing....

....I would love to find out how to check for IR output....how can i be sure??.....and if it were to have a filter i am sure the reduction in output would hinder its effectivity....i am actually more interested in raw power than pretty lights...as long as i can see any beam at all thats enough pretty for me...now if i could burn a hole in concrete...THAT would impress me.....haha....do they make IR filtering eye protection for laser??..

-Jack
Yea they do make IR goggles. Good luck with burning concrete, lol. :D You probabli need so much power that the reflections would melt your goggles ;D

Switch said:
Yea they do make IR goggles. Good luck with burning concrete, lol. :D You probabli need so much power that the reflections would melt your goggles  ;D

sweet!....where can i find a set?

Laser eyewear is more pricey then lasers, :(

They are your eyes so, Its your decision to buy what you trust.

Wicked lasers has them at ~$40 per color.

They do not have certificates regarding them.

NoIR has USA certified glasses but they are designed for medical uses and the price is reflective of the medical industry in general.

I hate to say it (no I don't) but do your own research and buy what you are happy with and feel safe with.

If your eyes are worth it, you will know what to get.

Read the literature, and when you know what OD and nm mean,,, you will make the right choice.

Read here as its the best general info about lenses I can find.

Even OSHA has no rules in the laser area that I can find.

http://www.noirlaser.com/filters/medical.html

If your laser is a 660nm then u want 660 nm protection, but is there IR leakage on your laser? do you need UV protection?

These are choices you must make.

Reply if you need more assistance
SN

*edit* http://www.chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/Training/PPETrain/lasergoggles.htm

Maybe some more detailed info ...

excellent!!...i will read up...thank you!...and yes i agree...Eyes are NOT replaceable....and i would like to protect them as such.

....and i would definately like to find protection against IR UV and Green...

For UV lasers, I wouldn't recommend sunglasses...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/LTVQzc75YiQ[/media]

Amnizu

I wouldn't recommend sunglasses as a substitute for any kind of proper safety equipment, much less laser safety equipment.

diachi

just to be clear ... red lasers do not emit IR the only emit red, so your safe ther ! ;)

IgorT

BoostCrzy said:
just a quick clip of my DX200 lighting a match at 2 feet... :)

When did you buy yours?

I bought two recently, and they are both crap. One splits instantly in two beams, the other almost blinks during warm up, then it's stable for half a minute or more and in the end it splits into five beams.

I can't belive how unlucky i am. Rain from DX even tested the second one for me, before shipping it, but obviously not good enough.