Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX true 100mW help

hi, my DX true 100mW has obtained this huge blur of light around the dot, does anyone know how to fix this?, ive uploaded a pic

thanks

Attachments

• IMGP1790.JPG
    IMGP1790.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 193

D

Deleted member 8382

Dirty lens. Take some cotton andmove inside. DON'T use alcohol, window's cleaner or any other product taht is not water/lens cleaner. You will need to do it severla times until the dot is clear. Make sure no cotton is left inside cuz this will make the dot to seem even worse than before :p

D

Deleted member 8382

I mean for example those things used to clean your ears, don't know how they are called in english xD

sorry for late reply, havnt had time to try it till now, just a cotton bud on its own hasnt changed much

Attachments

• IMGP1792.JPG
    IMGP1792.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 166
D

Deleted member 8382

i alredy said you will need to do it several times. Try just moving, rotating... Also if you want a tip, get a bit of cotton "disambled" from the bud itself, So it's not that hard, you need very soft cotton :p

Try, look at the result, try again, look again at the result... Until the dot is clear. (make sure each time you are not leaving any cotton inside)

the only problem is i cant take the end off without breaking it, so if i took it off the stick thingy the cotton would get stuck in there :p

hey boy.. i have the SAME problem on my DX kaleidoscopic ( see my review :p ). it was perfect when arrived... but i potmodded it.. an now is quite impossible to clean!i tryed with cotton bud :) yeah.. but only "smetimes" it makes a good job... but NEVER a perfect job.

any help? PS....can you see us how is your laser 100mw? really true?or near 50mw?divergennce ?

cleaning glass lense

Pure Alcohol is the only approved lense cleaner we used in the optics lab, it evap's with out leaving a mark on the lense. besides the first rule of thumb is don't touch it if you don't have to. try some air first ! then a soft brush, if that fails then get after it with cotton and alcohol...

Best of luck

Pyro...

D

Deleted member 8382

and tell me where are they gona get the pure alcohol. I've heard several times to not use the 96º alcohol.

For cleaning optics, you usually use isopropanol (also called isopropyl alcohol) which you should be able to get in a pharmacy. The "normal" alcohol is ethanol.

D

Deleted member 8382

Well, i've been using lasers for some months and always used a bud to clean. In extreme dirty lens, humidfy one part of the bud, (not much), and the clean thelens with it. Then use the dry side to finish the job.