Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX SD Lasers

Hey guys,
it seems that DX finally realised that people also like higher quality lasers (I didn't say high quality) and decided to resell the whole SD Laser family.
For those who don't know, the SD Lasers were 2 50mW overspec lasers (SD301/SD302) DX used to sell among with all those crappy lasers. There are a couple of reviews in the forum and I own one. They aren't high quality lasers, but are way better then the other ones. I think they are very similar to what o-like sells.
Now DX has from SD300 to SD305. The hosts look VERY nice and the prices aren't high. If I hadn't already bought my 50mW I'd give a 100mW model a chance.
I want to hear your opinion.

Green Laser Flashlight, Pointer, Pen, Module, Keychain, Green Laser Stage Lighting on Sale - DealExtreme

Thanks for your attention,

Siq®

OBS: If you want you can check my review on my signature.

I haven't seen any reviews of these yet. I only have experience with the 50mW model, which seems to be arround 80mW.
The host is also great.

SD-300 Host seems awesome, doesn't it?

I just bit the bullet - it's 70$ for a higher quality one. I'll check it out and give a review once it finally comes in :)

Great. I sincerely don't know what to expect. The 50mw version was very good for the price. It has an enormous quantity of IR, though.

The question is: is it focusable?

anselm

I just bit the bullet - it's 70$ for a higher quality one. I'll check it out and give a review once it finally comes in :)
Awesome, dude! I was ogling those for a while now, hoping someone
would order a sample...
Which one exactly did you order?
I'll be looking forward for that review.:)

Estaremos a esperar ansiosamente pelo review. Aposto que o SD-300 foi o escolhido, me parece ser o melhor host.

We'll be anxiously waiting for the review. I bet the SD-300 was the chosen one, it seems to me that it's the best host.

I lost the thread lol

So mine starts at over 100mW with very little IR, and then drops to 55mW within 20 seconds if not sooner...

Not worth the price IMO

Sure it isn't worth the price, what is a shame 'cause it looked promising =(
I'll wait for other reviews

Hey guys,
It's me again. I've just managed to sell my beloved SDLaser 301 (50mW) so I have the money to go for the "200mW" ones. What do you think? Should I risk? Is there any better laser I can get with U$60 ?

i think you should go get the 200mw one!
just search around for a bunch of reviews and pics of the laser!
very worth it imo
(the only thing lacking is a review with LPM reading)