Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Romisen L-B030 vs L-030, both 30mW green?

bob1122 said:
They should arrive in time for the 2012 Olympics, Dealextreme shipping is where it's at.

I had to Return my green CR2 laser because of the switch which took a long because of there new system, ticked me off a lot. However this time around I have to give DX some credit, I ordered 3 of the L-B030 lasers for me and some friends on saturday along with some other stuff and three days later, my whole order is shipped along with a mystery gift for my "troubles". So we'll see when I get my order, but so far I am a lot happier with this order. I will probably do a review on all three of them to see if they are consistent with output and quality. Bob, I can't wait to see how the L-030 compares.

The first review is up on DX for the mini, thought the guy didn't seem to like his very well. Hopefully yours will be better.

Well, the L-A030 got superb reviews everywhere else on DX so if it's the same circuitry it'll probably be a gamble.

I'm getting both and 3x KD50mWs so I'm not too peeved ;D

luke_j

well my rominsen L-B030 arrived today orderd it on Mar 31st so post was quick
it works well so for $27 i think its well worth it im happy :)

Lucky git, I ordered same day but it's still "processing" since 2nd April.

How is the output, constant 30mW? Stable?

I ordered and recieved (3) of each of these guys. The "smaller/less expensive" ones are still on backorders, (for about a month now), but I received the (3) "larger-$28 ones" pretty quickly. I also had them shipped EMS and have not had any problems with customs, as others have claimed.
How do they look?, Well the (3) that I received all looked the same on the outside and in, very consistant, nice finish, nice annodizing, (not paint). The "guts" are very nice, custom machined parts to hold the diode assembly in the flashlight housing, excellent fit, no hot-glue holding things together, Very happy here.
How do they shine? They all apeared to be the same brightness, and several runs on my DIY Laser Power Meter, (thanks Knimrod!!), showed that they were essentially the same, about 22mW with a IR filter in place, about 29mW without the filter. The beam qaulity was great for a laser of this price, no coronas, or artifacts of any kind, and all appeared to have very reasonable diverangance. By the way, I did not like the idea of the glass lense robbing my power at first, this lense is easily removed and left out if you wish, but, according to my LPM, the differance was less than 1mW of loss!! I now love the glass lense, as I carry this laser in my pocket now everyday, and I do not have to worry about anything getting into the laser body, even water-resistant, (which I have not checked). They definetly do not have any IR filters, except whatever coating may be on the crytals.
Overall? The three that I received were very consistant  with each other, and pretty accurate to the description.  I hope when the other (3) smaller/cheaper one come thay will be as good. This blows my KD-50 out of the water in every catagory, except for outright power, but this beam is sooo much cleaner, and plenty bright unless you are trying to burn things. This is easily my favorite laser now!
Hope this helps, :cool:
Dark Horse

Bob have yours shipped yet? I got my package yesterday and they didn't come so I went back to DX and they switched my lasers back to pending!

No, they've been hovering around for a long time. Still on "processing", they switched me back just like you.

It seems that everyone loves the L-B030 but nobody has actually recieved their L-030 and found it amazing. My 3xKD lasers have finally shipped (phew).

im still "pending" for the L-B030 ......order placed 3/12......any day now im guessing...

I am looking for green laser too. Will you do a review? I am conserdering to get a ultrafire one, but it is really expensive for me. Did anyone get the KD 50mW Green Laser Flashlight V2 (18650)? It looks much better than the KD50 and the DX30.

laserfunny said:
I am looking for green laser too. Will you do a review? I am conserdering to get a ultrafire one, but it is really expensive for me. Did anyone get the KD 50mW Green Laser Flashlight V2 (18650)? It looks much better than the KD50 and the DX30.
The Ultrafires are usually bad, and the KD 50mW v2 is also bad.

Razako

bob1122 said:
What's wrong with the KD torch style? Any LED Museum tests?
Nobody has one yet and people are saying that they will all suck based on a short video posted by kaidomain.

Razako said:
[quote author=bob1122 link=1205685515/15#28 date=1208013626]What's wrong with the KD torch style? Any LED Museum tests?
Nobody has one yet and people are saying that they will all suck based on a short video posted by kaidomain.[/quote]
That and in their description it says "No IR filter for maximum output"

Razako

styropyro said:
[quote author=Razako link=1205685515/15#29 date=1208013789][quote author=bob1122 link=1205685515/15#28 date=1208013626]What's wrong with the KD torch style? Any LED Museum tests?
Nobody has one yet and people are saying that they will all suck based on a short video posted by kaidomain.[/quote]
That and in their description it says "No IR filter for maximum output"[/quote]
To be fair most dx lasers don't have an IR filter either. At least kai is honest about it.