Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX refunds

So DX tells me to send my broken DX150mw laser back to them and they will arrange "replacement and reimbursement for your return postage". Does this mean I can't get a refund or does it mean I get to choose between a replacement or refund when they recieve the package...

diachi

It means when you send them back the package and give them proof of shipment, they well send you back a new laser and pay for the shipping both ways

diachi

But if the laser doesnt arrive back in 21 days, you can ask for a re-fund anyway .

Diachi said:
But if the laser doesnt arrive back in 21 days, you can ask for a re-fund anyway .  
The problem is if I get caught trying to import the laser I get fined $110,000

Do you reckon they will listen if I leave a note in the package saying "DO NOT SEND ME A REPLACEMENT LASER! Laser importation is banned in Australia and therefore it is illegal for you to send me a replacement laser. Please send me a refund instead, my paypal account is _________. Thank you for your support."

diachi

well you could try that, but generally they dont care about the recieved package, if you keep proof of shipment thats enough, even if they dont recieve it , what I would do is show your proof of shipment in the ticket and say thats my proof of shipment, I would like a refund

Diachi said:
well you could try that, but generally they dont care about the recieved package, if you keep proof of shipment thats enough, even if they dont recieve it , what I would do is show your proof of shipment in the ticket and say thats my proof of shipment, I would like a refund
Yeah maybe I'll ship it by tracked airmail. Then I should be able to get a refund almost instantly.

diachi

Mmm Hmm , thats what I would do.

Just remembered I need to check my ticket, my mum lost my shipping reciept until yestarday, so thats over a month since it shipped, maybe I will get it back finally

diachi

Me to, its been a long enough wait , got 3 more lasers coming from them just now anyway :p

I just thought of a great idea! If they try to send me a new laser, I can just cancel that order and request a refund like normal right?

diachi

probably yes, or you could just ask for a refund when you show them proof of shipment