Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Laser confiscated...

Hey all, new member here. I've been into lasers ever since I've been little, and am now just getting back into the hobby.

Long story short, I did a bunch of research, and I decided to buy the 200mw NewWish laser from Dealextreme. I didn't expect anything spectacular, but just a fun little toy to play with, (carefully, of course).
Well, after patiently waiting for 2+ weeks, (I used EMS shipping. I know, bad idea), I get it in the mail today, only to find an empty box! The stupid f'ing customs confiscated it. I'm royally pissed off.
I contacted DX already, but I'm just curious if anyone else has any suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

S

SenKat

Was there a note inside stating it was confscated ? If not - I would suspect postal foul play, as several that I know of have been pilfered in that manner. contact DX and let them know you did not recieve it - and file a claim with the postal service if need be - that is, IF there is no customs notice inside...

Yes, there was an official US Customs letter stating that it got confiscated. It just figures.

S

SenKat

awe, CRAP ! What lousy luck, man ! Keep us all posted as to what DX says about it, okay ? I am sorry you are going through this :(

Heh, yeah, it just seems to be my like. It's just a huge downer. I know it's a cheap laser, but I was hoping it would help to motivate me to get back into them.

I'll let you know what DX says. If they even get back to me.

Gah... Hopefully that wont happen to mine... I didn't use EMS shipping so hopefully i'll be safe. My laser left Hong Kong on July 5th so I should be seeing it sometime next week, I hope...

Can you tell us exactly what it said ? I'm just curious to know what their reasoning was for confiscating it.

The note said something along the lines of, "The particular parcel that is inclosed is in breach of customs law for importing this item." Soemthing along those lines.

Just got a reply from DX. Simply put, they say I'm hosed. There's nothing they're willing to do to help. Well, they lost a customer. Ugh. This is so frustrating. I was really looking forward to this little laser.

Anyone have a DX200 they want to sell? :-[

Since I have never ordered anything that has been taken before, will they just keep it for them selfs?
Is there nothing he can do to get it? :(

S

SenKat

phorsaken said:
The note said something along the lines of, "The particular parcel that is inclosed is in breach of customs law for importing this item."  Soemthing along those lines.

Just got a reply from DX.  Simply put, they say I'm hosed.  There's nothing they're willing to do to help.  Well, they lost a customer.  Ugh.  This is so frustrating.  I was really looking forward to this little laser.

Anyone have a DX200 they want to sell?   :-[

Hey man - if you pay shipping costs, I'll send you a little 8mw one I have...it's not the prettiest, but it'll help feed the addiction ! :cool: PM me your addy and such !

that sucks -- I thought DX would be more helpful.  For my edification, was it the expedited or regular shipping??? (what is EMS??)

Daedal

stevetexas said:
that sucks -- I thought DX would be more helpful. For my edification, was it the expedited or regular shipping??? (what is EMS??)

Expedite... it's a trouble maker it seems... :p

Not the first time I hear EMS shipped lasers getting confiscated... :(

--DDL

Yeah, it was the expidited, (EMS), shipping.

And DX is still no help whatsoever. Ugh. So f'ing frustrating.