Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 2000mw Radiant X LPM

IWIRE

This is with fresh 16430 3.7v batteries. With CR123 3.2v batteries it wouldn't even come close to this reading. Batteries must make a BIG difference. Be interesting to see what my build using DTR's 9mm 445nm diode, Survival Lasers S4 host with ext tube running two Panasonic 18650 batteries and a Blitzbuck v4 driver will do. Wish me luck. Surely I can hit the 2000mw mark. Or I'm gonna let the smoke outta sumthin' tryin' :yh:

DX doesnt sell 2W lasers anymore, most expensive laser is like $40 and no where near 2W so yes a link or photo is needed

Tmack

It's a laser from big lasers. He's very lucky he got over 1w.......I'm shocked!!!

It's a laser from big lasers. He's very lucky he got over 1w.......I'm shocked!!!

How'd you get that from this:
This is with fresh 16430 3.7v batteries. With CR123 3.2v batteries it wouldn't even come close to this reading. Batteries must make a BIG difference. Be interesting to see what my build using DTR's 9mm 445nm diode, Survival Lasers S4 host with ext tube running two Panasonic 18650 batteries and a Blitzbuck v4 driver will do. Wish me luck. Surely I can hit the 2000mw mark. Or I'm gonna let the smoke outta sumthin' tryin' :yh:

I dont see Big Lasers anywhere and the graph is labeled DX

EDIT: I see his other thread, graph is mislabeled :p

Last edited:

IWIRE

DX doesnt sell 2W lasers anymore, most expensive laser is like $40 and no where near 2W so yes a link or photo is needed

My bad. It's the big laser "BX" 445nm 2000mw. Sorry for the confusion:eek:

IWIRE

Picture of the laser?!!?? :)

Sure ! I like to take pics :yh: It's to early to fire up the power tools and bother the neighbors on a beautiful Sunday morning. Pics to follow. I'll go fire up the camera instead.

IWIRE

It's a cool laser. Can you have a laser that's not cool ? :yh: Is it really 2000mw ? Nope. Would I buy one again ? Probably not since I found this place. BUT ! If I wouldn't have bought it, I never would have found this place :na: So there ya go. Live and learn. :)

Tmack

It does look pretty nice. And although its nt what they advertised , it's nice and strong over 1w so it's not a total bust. Cool host. Time to go custom ;) we tell the truth when we say 3w Haha

IWIRE

You had to say "3w" didn't ya ! That's the magic number I'm hoping to hit with my first build ! I just built my workbench. A few more pieces and I will be ready to start my first build :) I'm not rushing anything till I have everything in place to hopefully be successful. I'm pretty good at soldering small parts. I used to be into RC Helicopters. Every wire had to be perfect. I can't spell but by God I can wire some stuff !:D