Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 10mw Keychain Green Laser Review

T

timelord

Well with Christmas coming I thought I'd buy a few stocking fillers for people ie the kids for their door keys to use as key chains ;) The oldest is 15 and the youngest is 13 and they both understand about responsible use of lasers from myself.

My first thought was not to get them something that can burn and destroy things but to get them something bright and quite impressive.
So I chose these for them>> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7416
I also brought a bundle of AG13 batteries from ebay to make sure I could power them up, because some reviewers (on the DX site) claimed the batteries supplied were crap. Once I fired the laser up I noticed it was very bright for a 10mw so out came the Lasercheck and the reading was 50.6mw, so then I did a reading with an IR filter in front of the lasercheck, the reading was 40.1mw of 532nm of GREEN ;) All in all the laser is well worth $16.99 for a nice keyring and it feels very solid in the hand as well....

So if it's Christmas stocking fillers you want them these will fit the bill just nicely and won't break the bank :D

Attachments

• S1031462_640x480_001.JPG
    S1031462_640x480_001.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 160

T

timelord

Here's the laser close up..

Attachments

• S1031463_640x480_001.JPG
    S1031463_640x480_001.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 262
T

timelord

I've also used this for a little star pointing and it works great ;) Here's a beam shot at dusk :cool:

Attachments

• S1031509_640x480.jpg
    S1031509_640x480.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 640
T

timelord

Well I can't complain so far I know they are a little high on the IR but for the money they are pretty good. But for low powered lasers I'm quite impressed. I've still got my sights on the Hercules 400mw and will get it after Christmas. Now that's a proper laser and from my experience with the Aries 175mw Laserglow will always be top of my list [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

T

timelord

I would imagine the batteries last a while I've been using it all day and they are still going strong....

Timelord said:
Well I can't complain so far I know they are a little high on the IR but for the money they are pretty good. But for low powered lasers I'm quite impressed. I've still got my sights on the Hercules 400mw and will get it after Christmas. Now that's a proper laser and from my experience with the Aries 175mw Laserglow will always be top of my list  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You shoulda just bought the Herc400 now, you could have given away all the free ones you get for purchasing it...and if you didnt know who to give the free Aries-150 to, I could take it off your hands ;D

Nice review on these things, I woulda thought they were complete junk...I MIGHT have enough time to order these for christmas gifts, but you never know with DX!

-Dough

T

timelord

Well using a lens on fresh batteries I've just popped a balloon with it :eek:

Milos

Timelord said:
Well using a lens on fresh batteries I've just popped a balloon with it :eek:

hehe If you use lens on fresh batteries you might just pop them too ;D

sorry, couldn't resist ..

..know what you mean... ;)

happy Thanks Giving

kake

Really 40mW of pure green? Why did you need a lens then, my True DX30 pops without?

T

timelord

kake said:
Really 40mW of pure green? Why did you need a lens then, my True DX30 pops without?
The divergence is rubbish but for the price of a few beers what do you want a HERC :-? ::)

thats pretty cool. im thinking about getting the dx 30 myself. im just wondering, does dx ship via mail, fedex, or ups?