Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dvd-rw red diode with drivers from green laser?

crap :S any way to check if it's killed?
Yes. Fix the polarity (using some wires is recommended), set the current to minimum (turn the pot CLOCKWISE to decrease current) and give some power to it (3V is not enough for this, 3.6 to 4.2V should be fine).
You should get some red light out of the diode. Then increase the current a small bit and if the light output increases, you have working diode.
Would be good if you put the diode in module, otherwise it will overheat.

kazom

okay, but i don't know where + and - are on the driver ^^ there are 3 different ways to put the pins :s

D

Deleted member 8382

It's killed. If you tried to power it the reverse way, there's no chance it survived.

D

Deleted member 8382

buy a proper diode. A LOC is 10$ or so. build your driver and get an aixiz module and you're ready to go under 15$!

kazom

the problem is that i'm just 15 years old and i can't use my credit card over the internet until i'm 16 because my bank wont allow that : /

Ask your parents to buy for you, and give them the money?

If you can find some oneto buy for you, hear's a red diode.
LPC-815 660nm red laser diode - $13.49 : Modwerx Shop

or a lital cheeper but still in the sled,
LPC-815 20x DVD burner laser lens assembly w/ red laser diode [LPC-815] - $10.49 : Modwerx Shop

Hear is two Red Drivers for only 6 bucks! shipping might take a long time, but for two drivers at that price its worth the wait
2pcs CC power supply driver£*>Laser Accessories£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com

kazom;

Try the diode with a 1.5 VDC weak AAA battery.

It may have survived.

And also, mfd are microfarads on capacitors.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

LarryDFW

D

Deleted member 8382

From wikipedia:

Values of capacitors are usually specified in ranges of farads (F), microfarads (μF or MFD), nanofarads (nF), or picofarads (pF), as one, millionths, billionths or trillionths of a farad.[2] When speaking of capacitor values a picofarad is sometimes referred to as a "puff" or "pic", as in "a ten puff/pic capacitor".[3] If the Greek letter μ is not available, the notation uF is often used as a substitute for μF in electronics literature. A micro-microfarad (μμF) that can be found in older texts is the equivalent of a picofarad. The millifarad is rarely used in practice, so that a capacitance of 4.7 × 10−3 F, for example, is usually written as 4,700 µF. North American usage also avoids nanofarads: a capacitance of 1 × 10−9 F will frequently be indicated as 1000 pF; and a capacitance of 1 × 10−7 F as 0.1 μF.

Strange stuff. I always thought mfd was millifarad and ufd was microfarad. However, my mistake, the ddl driver use microfarad ranges ;)

D

Deleted member 8382

I don't really know how they work in sweden, neither have I ever owned one, but I don't think it's difficult. try to google it ;)

kazom

Hi again, i tried the diode with a 1.5v battery but it didnt work so i tred it with 2 x 1.5v AAA batteries and it lighted up a weak red light, is it damaged or will it work with a driver ?=)