Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dvd laser burner with no modules

Because he makes builds to promote his website selling Blu-Ray diodes. He does not promote laser eye safety, and most of his build dont use drivers, so the diode will die quick.

makuze

why is kipkay a moron i'm asking again cause i don't see my reply and i'm from Lithuania and it's not Poland Russia ore something so get it right :D

makuze

sorry id said this again cause i didint sy my reply and it came out to me when i posted this sorry ok im finished with this thread lets make a laser!

makuze

dudes! i don't get it! so if i would hook up my laser to 2 batteries aa or aaa it will die??? and if i will use a capacitor will it be ok??? please someone anwser me :(

Hooking up a laser diode to 2x alkalines will kill it instantly yes.

BTW, why kipkay is called a moron here:
His flashlight red laser hack - take a closer look.
First he DID use a driver but did not tell you about it (most likely a flexdrive or sometihng)
Second, his flashlight construction - he never showed you the back end of flashlight while it is on, did he? Problem is that Maglites use twist on/off feature. The reflector which presses on bulb socket is what presses the switch.
However, it does not touch the flashlight, it revolves around it only.
If you were to drill out the reflector to fit AixiZ module in there, you loose any kind of 'switch' (and the module is , knowing Kip, hotglued to the reflector so it does not move around, so twisting the head breaks the diode's pins).

Meaning: you cannot turn on or off the laser.
You have to remove the tailcap from flashlight, and to turn on the laser you must simply touch the end barrel with tailcap. Threading the tailcap simply turn on the laser without the chance of turnning it off. Permanent connection.

One of stupidest things I have ever seen... which got me into the hobby 4 years ago :D Ironic , is it not?

cpsim

hey evrybody sorry for my bad english yep its its my second launuage and at least i talk very good but so you mean just check out the forum threads and thats all i didint need to create this thread sorry i just wanted to make a laser with no modules at all

would be nice to do with out a module. all tho it can be cheaper to go ahead and grab a module. at the very least you get a lense set to focus your beam. and possibly a driver depending on the module you get. with out the module you will be spending hours setting up your lenses to get something of a beam.

cpsim

The having fun was great for a techie that knows better. dealing with the idiots i had to deal with doing in home systems repairs. they would have read that and probably tried to put the lD in the wall outlet. heck my wife would have tried. people so often dont use the brain they were given or just lack pure common sense. ie one customer actually thought the cd drive was a cup holder built in. did my best not to laugh at them. these forums have been majorly helpful in the few days i have been here. i researched laser drivers for the past two weeks before even getting into building them.

makuze

i burned the diode accidently i hooked it up to 9v batterie and i burned it but luckuly i have an other dvd burner so if i would take my simple 5 mw laser pointer and change the diode from a dvd burner would it work?

i burned the diode accidently i hooked it up to 9v batterie and i burned it but luckuly i have an other dvd burner so if i would take my simple 5 mw laser pointer and change the diode from a dvd burner would it work?
That calls for a facepalm.

No, it would not work!

To effectivly power a laser diode, you must provide a CONSTANT CURRENT source, not CONSTANT VOLTAGE (all batteries) source.

The difference is self explanatory: when using constant current source, it will provide one single current value, and it's output voltage will change depending on the requirements of the load you are powering.
Converting a battery (cont. voltage) into a laser diode suitable supply (constant current) is done by electronic circuit known as DRIVER.

Do some reading, about drivers:
DLL DRIVER, LM317, LM1117, FlexDrive, RKCSTR

There are numerous possiblilites to be explored, but these are 'tried and true' ones that won't let you down as long as you do your part of the job well.

Please read the 'Newcomers' section, it is not there just for looks ;)