Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Duracell 15-minute charger & 4 NiMH AA's - $9.99

I was at work today at OfficeMax, when I noticed this deal for the Duracell 15 minute charger with 4 NiMH AA's for $9.99. That's a savings of $20 over the retail price, and I didn't believe it at first. I went to the register, and it was correct, $9.99. The deal is in store only, and is good until August 22nd I believe (I could be wrong, I'll check again tomorrow). Here's the link to them online:

Duracell 15-Minute Charger and AA NiMH Batteries, 4/pk

It is a good deal but,....... i never bought into those 15/20min flash style chargers that seem to be everwhere now. If my understanding off batterys is correct, to charge a typical 2000mAh batt in 15mins would require a charge current of 8 Amps! :eek: now i know from experience that a charge current of just 2 Amps into said battery makes it uncomfortably hot. That leads me to believe that these chargers really don't fully charge these batts in there advertised time OR they just recharge batts with low cell capacitance.

Anyone feel free to correct me here :D

hmm, I never thought about it. I'll have to try them out and see.

mfo

Well that thing fried four of my 2000mAh AA batteries. As they were charging, I heard a pop like 10 minutes into it. Now the batteries are taller than they were before... =( I use a 1 hour charger by kodak, even comes with a car adapter to charge on the go. Works like a charm. (Takes 1.5 hours for my 2000mAh batteries; 1 hour assuming you use 1500mAh cells)

I haven't had any problems so far, but I'm using the batteries that came with the charger