Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Durable/Construction Laser

Ropey

Hi,

I am looking for a laser that I will be using on a construction job site. I am looking for some suggestions that yall have since I do not know much about. A coworker has a z-bolt laser (link below) and I think they are out of business. Does anyone know of a similar type of green laser that is durable and between 4 mW and 5mW?

Z-Bolt&#174 Job-Sight | Extreme Duty Green Laser Pointer

I don't know the market well enough and seems to be kind of a specialty item. The main qualities that I am looking for are durability and very bright. The operating temperature needs to be relatively low as well. Any suggestions?

Thank you

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Ropey. :)
I think Z-Bolt is still in business, the Z-Bolt site you linked to seems to work; that particular laser is on sale for $128 right now.
They are known for quality lasers, although high priced!

Last edited:
hi and welcome,
Yes as bowtie said they are still active and in business , very well made units ..

Rich:)

Ropey

I placed an order on Saturday and I have not gotten a shipping confirmation email. I have emailed them two days ago, I just called them and left a voice mail. I was just curious and I thought I saw somewhere that said that the company was out of business. But, do you know of any other companies that make heavier duty laser pointers?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I can't say why they haven't responded yet; I'd give give them a little while longer.
As far as a low power (4-5mW) laser like that, I don't think you'll find a manufacturer with a more heavy duty one than you linked to.
Z-Bolt claims that theirs is dust shock, and water resistant, you probably won't see too many companies offering that.
You could check with some members here to see about a custom build, but I can't see where they would be heavier duty.
Maybe someone else will respond with an offer to build, or an alternate manufacturer.

Good luck with your search! :)

Last edited:

Encap

You might want to have a look at laserbtb's diving laser if you could go with a 50mW 520nm -- link here: Diving laser 50 meters

Would be excellent water and dust wise and a 520nm diode lass fragile shock wise than a 532nm DPSS

Last edited: