Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*Drumroll* CNI PGL-III-A-520 REVIEW!

Note that it may look a little dimmer due to the lower wavelength... Not sure if that's a major contributing factor or nah

Yeah I realized that & took it into affect. It's really strange though, if I turn toward the laser the beam looks as bright as always but the dot seems to appear smaller hum...

-Alex

Gabe

Huh yeah I guess it might be an effect of the wavelength. Sometimes I notice the beams of my 445 and 532 look the same brightness, but the green dot is brighter.

Last edited:
im confused 8V ? that cant be right if it takes cr123a batteries...

Davidx

I hope CNI takes takes care of you in a timely manner. You are a god customer who sent them your hard earned money. For the money they now charge, I agree they could mail you a new one and still make a handsome profit.
Keep us informed on how they treat you.
Thanks

I hope CNI takes takes care of you in a timely manner. You are a god customer who sent them your hard earned money. For the money they now charge, I agree they could mail you a new one and still make a handsome profit.
Keep us informed on how they treat you.
Thanks

Hey David,

Thanks! I went ahead & purchased 2X16340 rechargeablesalong with a Netcore charger! I'll see if this fixes the issue of brightness. If it still appears the same, I'll try and return the unit :)

-Alex

and did it help ?

Hey mortuus,

I haven't received them quite yet. They will ship on Monday, June 1st and I should be receiving them between Wednesday, June 3rd-Friday, June 5th. I will update the thread with the results :)

-Alex

Last edited:
Ok,

CNI & I agreed due to the problems with the 520 they would pay shipping to me on my next purchase along with sending a new shutter. Sound fair?

Edit: CNI is sending me a new shutter with no shipping charges!

-Alex

Last edited:
not sure, if the buzzing wont go away with new batteries i would have sent it back since its not a cheap laser really.

not sure, if the buzzing wont go away with new batteries i would have sent it back since its not a cheap laser really.

I agree. Fixing the shutter is one less problem with it, plus I don't need to pay for anything! The sound really isn't that big of a deal, you only hear it if you eye is touching the laser, even then it's pretty dim. Hopefully the batteries fix the brightness, if not well...looks like shipping back to CNI is my only option.

-Alex

yeah so the whole CNI worth the money seems a tad overrated to me :(

yeah so the whole CNI worth the money seems a tad overrated to me :(

Well, not entirely I would say. The 520 I ordered was a custom made unit, it isn't something CNI normally produces. That being said, for a company like CNI making a 520 handheld should be a walk in the park, and there shouldn't be any problems for any reason :)

-Alex

the more reasons it should be perfect because they charge alot and the shipping isnt cheap either.. i hope new batteries will fix that.