Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dropped laser fix?

I'm sorry for your broken spartan =/

But.. please don't turn it on again. I'm not sure what drivers these use but if its a buck or boost, then if the wires came loose during the drop or are about to, you'll blow your driver by turning it on. I suspect either the switch is damaged or the driver is damaged, but the diode seems fine. We'll have to open it up to find out though. Shouldn't be too hard of fix.

Check the wiring of the switch, and check the driver connections to diode and battery. I can do this for you but it might be faster to send this to someone in your area, check the Member Map to see who's closest to you.

*edit*: btw just wrap iVLPlyFaxiM with the youtube tags to add the video properly =)

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind consideration of my loss.

I've only turned it on 2-3 times since the incident. I will not anymore. The host/body looks really hard to open up. Do you know how to open up the Spartan? I do not have the experience or the knowledge to fix it, but I will take a look inside if I can get it open.

SacredTanakh and ThunderSqueak both live nearby me. I wonder if they can fix it for me. You live in Canada haha, close to Alaska (half-joke).

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your kind consideration of my loss.

I've only turned it on 2-3 times since the incident. I will not anymore. The host/body looks really hard to open up. Do you know how to open up the Spartan? I do not have the experience or the knowledge to fix it, but I will take a look inside if I can get it open.

SacredTanakh and ThunderSqueak both live nearby me. I wonder if they can fix it for me. You live in Canada haha, close to Alaska (half-joke).

Any other suggestions?

I've never had a Spartan or opened one up ever; are there creases to unscrew the crown portion? I don't suggest you mess around with it too much unless you know what you're doing though.

I live in Canada but all the way on the east-coast so it's almost 1/3 of the world away lol. I'm sure there are tons of people on the west coast who could fix this though, unless the host is un-openable.

But worse comes to worse, if you can't get it fixed in any way or if the host is unopenable, I can build you a 1.6W blue at 15% discount to compensate for your loss with the Spartan, which will be a lot cheaper than getting a new one from dragonlasers. I am opening up a shop-thread here at LPF in like 3 hrs anyway.. once I finalize the thread format and everything.

nevermind I fixed it, tailcap got bumped in a really weird way but it's back to 100%

Last edited: