Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driver too big

I am pretty sure cutting the driver will screw it up. Can I get advice from someone that isn't an ass. Thanks

Edit: Thanks Mohrenberg is this a known problem?

You've had plenty of advice, your too bigheaded (or dumb) to listen to any of it.

I was just trying to save you some time, thats all.

I am pretty sure cutting the driver will screw it up. Can I get advice from someone that isn't an ass. Thanks

It's the red PCB driver, right?

See how there's the empty space at one end of the driver? You snap there.

IT HAS SNAP LINES. YOU SNAP THE DRIVER AT THAT LINE TO SHRINK IT.

Simple. Got it? Good.

You

Its not the red one from olike. It is a driver from Aixiz's ebay that looks and has the same specs as the green one from olike. NOT THE RED OLIKE... No snaplines or anything.

This is what I got -> http://cgi.ebay.com/Constant-curren...aultDomain_0&hash=item5889b6f774#ht_500wt_896

Edit: I am not to dumb to do it. I asked other than cutting the module. Also I asked where to cut on mine because it was different than the one you had shown.

Also calling a junior member dumb and insulting him just makes you look like a pompous ass. Be nicer to people. Life is a big wheel. Someday it will bite you in the ass.

Last edited:

Toke

Why don't you just screw it in a bit harder?
That might make it fit.

Its not the red one from olike. It is a driver from Aixiz's ebay that looks and has the same specs as the green one from olike. NOT THE RED OLIKE... No snaplines or anything.

This is what I got -> Constant current laser diode driver 80-500mA w/TTL - eBay (item 380267591540 end time Sep-16-10 16:46:28 PDT)

Edit: I am not to dumb to do it. I asked other than cutting the module. Also I asked where to cut on mine because it was different than the one you had shown.

Also calling a junior member dumb and insulting him just makes you look like a pompous ass. Be nicer to people. Life is a big wheel. Someday it will bite you in the ass.

Those lines at the bottom of the first picture, on the driver, those ARE the snap lines.

Those lines at the bottom of the first picture, on the driver, those ARE the snap lines.

Those aren't there, those are just in there for the sake of the picture. It is snapped off already when I got it.

Then there's no other option. Leave the end off, drill it out or cut it off are your options. Unless you want to buy another aixiz module and risk the same thing.

Alright, Thank you sir. Finally. Also Aixiz Dont make longer than 30mm do they? I guess I will cut a bigger hole.

Toke

Well, somehow I don't get this tread.
A driver happen to be too long to fit inside a module and the most obvious solution is to cut the end off the module.

It is not like continue asking will magically make the driver smaller.

I thought there would be a way to cut it.
If you read the thread you might have understood.

The driver. Not the module. He told me how to cut the wrong driver.
Read the posts. Please.