Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driver, diode

Hello, I would like to know how can I live if this driver:

LD_Driver_Schematic.JPG

What exactly the same hare, the resistance of 4ohm, LM317, 6v battery ...

chido

Pregunta en espanol porque no se te entiende nada. ;D

Ask in Spanish because I can't tell what you're asking.

Tengo una duda, vi en otros foros que la gente con poner una resistencia no se les morian los diodos. ¿que es lo minimo que se puede hacer para que no muera? Vi el driver de DDL pero me parecio muy complicado. :'(

What exactly the same hare, the resistance of 4ohm, LM317, 6v battery
The picture you posted was a very early version of DDL's circuit, a lot of values were what he had at the time.
Up until recently 5ohms (2 X 10ohm in parallel) was thought to be a safe minimum resistance.

With the new SenKat diodes I believe you can go lower, hopefully someone can confirm that???
I have posted an easier to follow diagram of the same circuit below, I hope it helps.

regards rog8811

Attachments

• LM317_components01_003.jpg
    LM317_components01_003.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 9,307
6 X 1.2v = 7.2v so yes that is fine, though AA would last longer than AAA :)

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
With the new SenKat diodes I believe you can go lower, hopefully someone can confirm that???
Yep, according to Hemlock Mike the new ones can be pushed to 400ma safely for ~240mW of output.

¿como coloco las 6 pilas de 1.2v? + -
¿cuanto durarian las pilas?
¿funcionaria con otro diodo que no sea de 200mw DVD BURN, para probarlo?

chido

dracken said:

Simplemente conecta el lado positivo de una de las pilas con el lado negativo de otra pila, y asi hasta que lo hagas con las 6.

Eso depende de la capacidad de las pilas y de cuanta corriente le pongas al diodo.

Si, pero tienes que saber la maxima cantidad de corriete que le puedes meter al diodo para que no lo descompongas. Tambien puedes usar algun foquito o algun motorcito electrico para probar el circuito.

All I did was to answer his questions, I don't feel like translating the whole thing right now but if someone feels uncomfortable for not understanding, then post it here and I'll translate this.

@ chido........To be honest I have given him loads of info on what batteries to use on one of his other threads, I think I will leave it to you ;)

Regards rog8811