Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dream lasers

if you read a few posts back that is why i said WHAT IF and it would be uncomprehendable since it isnt a wavelength. i was just stating, what would it look like if somehow there was white without the needing of mixing colors, similar to the difference between an orange laser and the mixing of green and red to get orange. Only difference is it is possible to achieve orange.

I've never heard of this supercontinuum, im searching it right now.

climbaktehawesome said:
If you want it, you should by it. You know you want to. I'll make you a deal .;)

Yes, i know i want it.....but the dilemma is: "Do I have the moneyz?" :)

Abray

VI, I know its not portable, but wasn't FC talking about one laser he sells that is something like a 100W orange laser?

Zom-B

VillageIdiot said:
^Nope.

I'd love to have 10 silver kenbarrels, each with
808nm NIR,
635nm red,
593.5nm yellow,
555nm lime green,
532nm green,
500nm sky blue,
473nm blue,
450nm indigo,
405nm violet,
and 300nm UV.

Five watts of each, with TEC cooling somehow (except for the IR, that can be 50W). And a little dial on each so I can turn it down to 1W, or 500mW, or 100mW, 5mW if necessary. I know it seems silly, but sometimes you don't want to burn through the screen when making a presentation.
500nm (more accurately, 505nm) is not sky blue, it is a brilliant darkish green (trafficlight-green in Holland). I thought you of all people should know this, VillageIdiot. It can not be reproduced by the three primary colors (not even close). This is my favorite color too. (and I put a LED of this color in my mouse :)) My next best choice is violet, as it is relaxing for my eyes (me slightly far-sighted) :cool: and it is again an awesome color you don't see every day ;D

Wait, 505nm is your favourite colour too? :eek: I'd kill for a laser @505nm! [smiley=evil.gif]
I've built a flash light using a 3W Luxeon and it's hella bright, in fact I believe the same emitter is used in some LED traffic lights here.

BTW I have a RGB LED light installation that mimic that colour pretty well, using 525 + just a hint of 450nm (red would be 630nm).

Lol I put a violet LED in my brother's mouse. xD

Zom-B

I've put all colors in mice, except IR. They seem to work best with red and blue (505nm seems to count as blue) and totally unresponsive for yellow and 525-green. UV probably had focus problems and it didn't work well, except on white paper.

The traffic lights here have simple 5mm leds, hundreds of them, probably because emitters are still expensive and the 5mm are cheaper here ($0.50 per 3cd)

A lot of the traffic lights around here are LED. I particuly hate this one right by my apartments during the night. The red is fine when you are stopped at the light. Your night vision goes the way of the dodo bird when it changes from red to green though. It is really bright and is probably around 530nm. I usually put the visor down to block the light source if I get stopped there during the night.

Do you know of a good source for the 505nm LEDs?