Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Drawing tablets?

So, I need to get a new drawing tablet, and if anyone here draws my choices are

Get a Cintiq Companion next year

Or

Get a intuos 4

Should I wait and use my old one for the year and get a cintiq, or get a better one sooner, though no screen?

I have an Intuos, I quite like it. Works good with every piece of software I've thrown at it, and its very comfortable and easy to use.

My sister has actually been considering a nice drawing tablet up in the thousands kinda like the ones you listed. Don't know much about em so I may let her do a review on it if she gets it. Lol, and I use a windows 8 tablet PC for drawing (though not a pro). Think you can buy active stylus' for windows tablets as well. (stylus' that have a narrow tip and are more precise than regular tablet stylus').

Edit: Found the Cintiq Companion IS a windows tablet lol.

Last edited:
I've bought a couple of Intuos models too and they are quality tablets.

ECBL

Mark another tally for the Intuos. Bought the Intuos4 medium a while back and wanted to kick myself for not getting one sooner (I just finished my Bachelor's in Graphic Design). I remember someone suggesting that I get the small version; that it's more portable and easier to manage. Regardless, I opted for "Bigger is better", and let's just say I'm glad my wife talked me out of getting the Large... The Medium is ample surface area and just barely small enough to fit into my laptop case.
Best of luck!

One thing I hate about capacitive screens is the accuracy of drawing on it. I think they can't pick up anything smaller than 4mm x 4mm which sucks for drawing.