Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragonlasers "Should I be Worried"?

srs913

Hey everyone, I am not sure if I should be worried or not as to the order I placed with Dragonlasers. I placed an order with them on March 12th for the 1 watt Spartan. I then received a USPS tracking number for my order on March 14th. The problem I am having as per the attached photo, for going on close to three weeks now, my order says "origin post is preparing shipment". I live in Ohio and am just trying to find out what my current status is and when if at all I should expect my package. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Spartan.jpg
    Spartan.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 186

Encap

Speed of delivery depends upon the method of shipment.

The Dragon web site says:
"Delivery Guarantee: Dragon lasers guarantees the receipt of your order so if you do not receive your order, we will either provide a full refund or send you a replacement free of charge."

How much could there be to worry about if the guarantee is true?

If you are worried that it is taking too long and want to know what Dragon considers normal shipping time, after which they will a second package because the first one was not received, email Dragon and ask the question.

Last edited:
I've gotten 2 lasers from Dragonlasers and in my experience, it says "origin post is preparing shipment" up until it's almost at your door.

srs913

@Raiden, If you don't mind me asking, from the time you ordered, how long did your orders take before they arrived at your house? Also, what Laser's did you buy and what are your thoughts on the overall quality of Dragonlasers?

Last edited:
@Raiden, If you don't mind me asking, from the time you ordered, how long did your orders take before they arrived at your house? Also, what Laser's did you buy and what are your thoughts on the overall quality of Dragonlasers?

It took a little over a month for my 1W blue Spartan to arrive both times. It worked good for a while until the lens melted.

From what i've read, USPS don't have a terribly good reputation of updating their tracking online.

srs913

@Raiden, now I am slightly concerned with your lens melting statement as I await my 1 watt spartan. What caused your lens to melt and why would plastic be used Vs a glass lens?

LOOONG Ago, I ordered a DL95 for only ~$300. It took a while
and I still impress people with it today after over 3 years. It never
fails even when dropped on pavement. Looks kinda rough because
I carry it every day.
HMike

Encap

@Raiden, now I am slightly concerned with your lens melting statement as I await my 1 watt spartan. What caused your lens to melt and why would plastic be used Vs a glass lens?

The answer is simple--a plastic lens is cheap $2 to $5 and a glass lens relatively expensive $20 to 35

I'm guessing it's as was stated, they use plastic lenses, which probably don't hold up to use as well as glass ones. I was using my laser on an extremely humid night and it heated up a lot faster than usual. I never left it on for more than 30-40 seconds at a time. After 10 minutes, the host was really hot so I turned it off, and the lens had pretty much liquefied.

srs913

Just a thought, but would it be possible to use the 405-G2 lens which is glass and screw it onto the front of the Spartan to focus the beam?

Last edited: