Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers Reducing Stock?!

IsaacT

I am waiting on my 589nm laser and it should get here tomorrow! However, I have noticed some items on DL's site is simply starting to disappear. For example they no longer carry 593.5nm Lasers, which is sad because they were actually some of the best as far as price point goes.

Do yall think DL is going out of business or is it just a temporary restructuring of their offerings?

Bit of advice: if there is something exotic you want and you find a good price, don't wait on it. Manufacturers are imposing so many restrictions with regards to shipping to USA that our choices are disappearing left and right.

-Isaac

PS - I emailed DL regarding it, we will see what they say.

Last edited:

Bet the FDA is bugging them to check over their stuff and get ascession numbers to sell in the USA

IsaacT

My 50mW 589nm just cleared customs. Took roughly a day to clear. Should arrive tomorrow I am so excited!

EDIT: so all in all I don't think that is why.

EDIT #2: I just got an email from DL. They can still source the 594 pointers(they said manufacture, but I am not stupid) but are not carrying them because "most people choose 589".

Last edited:
My 50mW 589nm just cleared customs. Took roughly a day to clear. Should arrive tomorrow I am so excited!

EDIT: so all in all I don't think that is why.

EDIT #2: I just got an email from DL. They can still source the 594 pointers(they said manufacture, but I am not stupid) but are not carrying them because "most people choose 589".

That would make sense.

IsaacT

Well, my price included all of the diffraction gratings for the group buy as well as a 6% discount.

Laser Cost(before discount): 419.00
Discount: 25.14
Shipping: 35.93
Total: 429.17

Your shipping will likely be closer to 25 than mine was since mine paid for two separate packages.

Still, and AMAZING deal fora 589. If you buy one, use me as a referrer. Not sure if I get anything but can't hurt lol.

I ordered one as well after seeing brucemir's review and, while it showed as available on their site, Adam told me they were out of stock after I had placed the order. Had to wait an extra week and it was shipped today.

I don't mind the extra wait but I'd have appreciated if he had told me they were out of stock before I placed the order (we had been chatting by e-mail for a couple days about some details, so he had plenty of opportunity to let me know). I guess that's just the way they do business in China :p

I hope I get a nice one :)

Edit: how did you get the discount, if you don't mind sharing?

Last edited:

IsaacT

Also, I emailed them and told them I was to be spending roughly 600 dollars on one order and that I would also be making reviews, pics, and videos. I showed them a few of my past pics and videos. You need 1000 points to start getting a gold membership. I asked that I be given the gold membership preemptively and that there would be media to follow it.

PS - I also asked that he find one for me with a very clean beam as it was highly necessary for my uses of the laser. And sure enough, it is exceedingly clean and there is no discernable angle to the beam, unlike many. From the time I placed the order, it was a week for it to ship, and then 8 days to get to my house. 15 days total.

Last edited:
Hope this isn't too late to add. But if I remember correctly, DL also used to carry multiple versions of the "473nm Aurora" pointer. I think the different outputs were: 3mW,5mW and 10mW but not entirely sure.

Anyway, it seems they only have the "5mW" pointer left on their site. Maybe they removed some of the items off the website since they are out-of-stock and don't want people to get confused? Just a theory.

-Alex

IsaacT

Most of it seems to be they are not keeping the others in stock. I too was looking at 473 lasers today and saw that. But I also saw that up to 50mW is still listed under 473 in data sheet. So I surmise it is still orderable.

Also, I emailed them and told them I was to be spending roughly 600 dollars on one order and that I would also be making reviews, pics, and videos. I showed them a few of my past pics and videos. You need 1000 points to start getting a gold membership. I asked that I be given the gold membership preemptively and that there would be media to follow it.

PS - I also asked that he find one for me with a very clean beam as it was highly necessary for my uses of the laser. And sure enough, it is exceedingly clean and there is no discernable angle to the beam, unlike many. From the time I placed the order, it was a week for it to ship, and then 8 days to get to my house. 15 days total.

Smart move! I did mention I'm a LPF member and asked if they guaranteed the 50mW power and a TEM00 beam and he said they did.

IsaacT

Yeah beam specs are freaking spectacular on this badboy. I cannot tell any mode hops. I can notice power fluctuations when the laser gets warm though, but that I like because it helps me help my laser.