Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers' Modules

ads813

Does anybody have a laser module from Dragon Lasers?
Some of the modules seem like pretty good deals
  ex.-  Red Laser Module 500mW-660nm-$349.99
-  Blue Laser Module 50mW-473nm-$749.99
$749 is pretty cheap for 50mW of blue (i think at least) even though its not a portable it would be pretty cool to own a blue laser.

So I just wanted to know if anybody had any of the modules from DL (not nesicarily one mentioned above) And if they really output what they advertise.....

Feedback is greatly appreciated :)
Thanks, Andrew

I think Extreme lasers on eBay sells 80mW 473nm blue modules (I think the item # is BLM100) for around $600 when the auctions end.

I was also interested by their 200mW green lab laser for 450$ but Pseudonomen137 told that they were scammers-now I'm confused ! I know they gave in-spec lasers to Thomas Altman (Starcross42 on youtube) to give themeselves a good image about them :-/

ads813

that sucks! i knew 50mW of blue for $749 sounded too good :(
i was looking on ebay and couldnt find anything similar to the BLM-100, plus im not a fan of ebay because i dotn have paypal and im afraid someone would rip me off.
how does Pseudo get such good deals on lasers for everyone? if he could get me a great deal on a similar blue module i might be interested.

I bought a 50mw Green Module from them, I have to say its got to be over powered. I bought a Viper 75mW from them and it can only do a few party tricks... When I try it with my 50mW module it abliterates them, I can even light a match on it from half a meter away.

I may just be extreamly lucky but I have never had a problem with them.

ads813

hmmm, well im still deciding if i should save up for the 50mW blue module

or i can wait and see if theres a better deal out there...

ads813 said:
that sucks! i knew 50mW of blue for $749 sounded too good :(
i was looking on ebay and couldnt find anything similar to the BLM-100, plus im not a fan of ebay because i dotn have paypal and im afraid someone would rip me off.
how does Pseudo get such good deals on lasers for everyone? if he could get me a great deal on a similar blue module i might be interested.

lasershowparts.com has a 40mW 473nm blue laser for $775 aud, so a bit less when converted to USD

ads813

these modules look pretty reasonanble, thanks for the link mario.
does anyone have one of these? or has anyone ordered from this company before?

Razako

Dragonlasers has a reputation for scamming people because of a single case last year when pseudo bought 2 of their viper-125's and both of them underperformed.

Razako said:
Dragonlasers has a reputation for scamming people because of a single case last year when pseudo bought 2 of their viper-125's and both of them underperformed.

I think psuedo keeps ragging on that too much. I definitely don't think thats enough to call them scammers, he treats it like wicked lasers. Just my opinion but one or two known instance from DL versus hundreds of known instances form wickedlasers. I mean jeez, i got a WAY underspec 125 from nova lasers, in fact i've heard of more rma's from nova than i have DL. Sometimes it happens, does it mean they're a bad company? Hell no. In fact i think nova is a great company as do many on here. I would still consider dragonlasers a good option, however you might want to check laserwave, someone on here metered one of their blue and one of their green and both were moderately overspec.

ads813

i will check laserwave out and look more around the forum about blue modules.
thanks guys

cbrian4 said:
[quote author=Razako link=1208307130/0#9 date=1208613840]Dragonlasers has a reputation for scamming people because of a single case last year when pseudo bought 2 of their viper-125's and both of them underperformed.

I think psuedo keeps ragging on that too much. I definitely don't think thats enough to call them scammers, he treats it like wicked lasers. Just my opinion but one or two known instance from DL versus hundreds of known instances form wickedlasers. I mean jeez, i got a WAY underspec 125 from nova lasers, in fact i've heard of more rma's from nova than i have DL. Sometimes it happens, does it mean they're a bad company? Hell no. In fact i think nova is a great company as do many on here. I would still consider dragonlasers a good option, however you might want to check laserwave, someone on here metered one of their blue and one of their green and both were moderately overspec.[/quote]

I am with you on that one.

I have NEVER had a problem with DL. All my lasers are working perfectly and always have been.

Any company can sell a under spec laser at any time, you could actually buy a pack of Duracell batteries and then find that one of them is completely flat as soon as you took it from the box... That don't mean Duracell are scammers does it?

I don't think anyone should judge any company on one small mistake.

i just got a DL125, don't have a meter yet but it hurts to look at :cool:

seems to be good, very durable laser at least. i'm glad i got it used for $140

Amnizu

I can't speak for their modules, but the 532nm 300mW portable they sold me is easily over 300mW, even with batteries I haven't charged in 2-4 months.

styropyro said:
I think Extreme lasers on eBay sells 80mW 473nm blue modules (I think the item # is BLM100) for around $600 when the auctions end.

Yup. Its actually rated for 100mW. You may not get all 100 though. And he lists one like every week. I have seen one go for $500. And I have seen them go for $900.