Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DPSS Nonlinear Crystal Types+ my general optics questions.........

Guys,

Could someone kindly give me some input on what Type 0, I and II means in practical terms for DPSS crystals. I've attached a PDF of a web page I found online. Can you convert this precise detailed information provided in the attached document into rules of thumb general understanding for me? I thought I understood this years ago, but now I find myself unsure I am grasping this properly. In the mean time, I will continue searching the web for more understanding, but so far I am not finding articles which give me the general top down view, instead most of the articles I'm finding go deep into the grass in high detail about the physics when I just need builder information.

All I'm asking is what are the simple practical benefits of each type in one short two or three line paragraph.

From what I gather, for practical information, below, when critical phase matching is required, heating isn't necessarily needed unless fairly high power for the size of the crystal used. Anyone know what type of DPSS crystal is used in the Jetlasers PLE-Pro?

Here's something more I found online regarding DPSS lasers which I converted to PDF: https://photos.imageevent.com/qdf_files/technicalgoodies/experimentersfolder/irandlightwavecommunications/dpsslasers/dpssarticles/The Professorqus Homebuilt Lasers Site - DPSS Lasers.pdf

Instead of downloading this doc at the above link, here’s a link to go to the web site: http://technology.niagarac.on.ca/people/mcsele/lasers/DPSS.html

Attachments

• RP Photonics Encyclopedia - phase matching, phase-matched, nonlinear frequency conversion, pha...pdf
    289.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

OK, another optics question regarding spinning mirrors, has anyone seen a spinning mirror similar to a polygon with a lot more angles that has slightly differently angled mirrors as it rotates? Starlight Phonics on ebay has one, but I want a lot more facet angles than a polygon has.

Last edited: