Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Doubts about "laserpointerstore" products

BobMc

If they are real imr batteries, they should be ok. The charger looks like an inexpensive one. Replace asap.

How do you tell if they are counterfeit imr's ? That's the question???. :thinking:
https://www.imrbatteries.com/

Last edited:
I look at voltage sag under load to chose my cells, typically the cheaper cells will not be as good.

However you trade battery capacity for high current discharge ability so depending on your load you may not need cells that can hold up under a low ohm load.

Anytime you can go with a larger battery you will do better, so if buying say a 2w blue laser go with the 2 x 18650 unit rather than the 2 x 16340 unit unless you really want a compact unit, if so then buy high quality cells for sure or your output may drop after a few seconds of use.

GSS

All I can add is that "Tommy" claims or had claimed they are high end re wraps.
I believe he mentioned even AW's at one point..

I got the Thor H dual power with two no name 26650s. I tested both with my Opus BT-C3100 and they both had a dynamic internal resistance of less than 60 mohms. The capacity of of both were 2500 mAh. Not bad for two "rewraps" or just no name batteries.

You are really helpful, I decided to buy from that website because the owner suggested to visit this forum and he seems to have a nice experience with lasers and reliable products.