Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dorcy JR. Finished with spacer.

Gazoo

Energizers are good too. I have some Panasonics and they are the real ones..lol. Daedal found them very cheap on ebay. It was a 12 pack for $13.50 including shipping. They sold out really fast..lol

Ok thanks again for your help now when I have my aixiz which is delayed for 2 weeks under backorder I will also know where to get batteries for my dorcy.

Daedal

corim123 said:
WTF I didn't know batteries like that could explode. Those are Panasonic though I thought Panasonic was a name brand that would be good lol. These are fakes though:
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Lot-CR-123-1...ryZ43447QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They contain lithium, lithium is explosive in air... If you heat up the battery too much in its discharge medium the seals will leak and the lithium will start a chain reaction with the humidity in the air.. it's cool to watch though ;) ;D

--DDL

I was thinking the same thing. Ok well I will watch out for that but heating a battery up does sound fun now lol.

Gazoo

Honestly you don't want to....lol. It is very dangerous unless you know exactly what you are doing. Even the fumes and chemicals getting on your skin can be dangerous. But it is good to check the battery you are using every so often for any signs of leakage, damage and what not.

ericab

if anyone is still looking to find a dorcy mini/jr....

i bought mine online from here:

h__p://___.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0152992.html

(direct link to dorcy)

__ = tt
___ = www

eric

Gazoo

SenKat said:
I have used the battery station, and battery junction CR123's for a while now - they are nice, and priced VERY well ! They work just perfect - agreed that there are some "off" brands that should probably not be used, but do not dicount the ones I mentioned - they are really great batts !

Sorry to sound contradictory, but this is why I will not use them:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=157900

LarryQ

Back to the subject......the heatsink spacer!!

How long are you able to run it flat out without heat issues??

One problem with using a large mass of metal as a heatsink, is that YES it absorbs heat and allows the runtime to go up, but because of the mass involved, your cool off period is longer as well.

Aluminium is a very good choice as it gives off it's heat faster, tho Copper wicks it away faster and more efficiently it dissapates out slower than Aluminium.

Larry

ericab

so; your spacer has the same dimensions as tallaxo's spacer?

I.D. = 11.81mm
O.D.= 20.3mm
length = 11mm

just curious because im going to make one for myself today...