Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Donating to LPF

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Wizard, glad to see that you got got your acct. fixed, maybe the management will take a look at the rest of us doners and restore our "LPF site supporter" tags?

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Wizard, glad to see that you got got your acct. fixed, maybe the management will take a look at the rest of us doners and restore our "LPF site supporter" tags?
One can hope :) Sniveling to the mods/Avery seems to have worked for me. And I still see ads on the site but I'm not getting the full page pop-ups anymore so.....win!

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You know we aren't mind readers. If you are missing your supporter tag just say so and I will message Avery about it. No need to get bent out of shape about it. WizardG I didn't think of you as sniveling. BowtieGuy I had no idea until you just said. Do you want me to contact Avery about it?

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
You know we aren't mind readers. If you are missing your supporter tag just say so and I will message Avery about it. No need to get bent out of shape about it. WizardG I didn't think of you as sniveling. BowtieGuy I had no idea until you just said. Do you want me to contact Avery about it?
My issue was fixed, thanks! You might want to help out Bowtieguy as he seems to be having the same problem I had.

Does Avery need to fix each account individually or is there a way he can grep all the donors and fix them all at once?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
My issue was fixed, thanks! You might want to help out Bowtieguy as he seems to be having the same problem I had.

Does Avery need to fix each account individually or is there a way he can grep all the donors and fix them all at once?
I already sent Ave a message ;)

Uh you know I'm not sure. My mod role doesn't give me a lot of options like that. I can delete and move posts but not edit them or even restore them from their deleted state. I can still view deleted posts though. I can of course do a ban which includes a permanent setting and a custom timed setting. Oh we can merge posts too and view ip addresses. That's pretty much it aside from being able to deal with reported posts in the mod queue.

So things like changing avatars or gaining access to emails passwords resetting passwords and emails and whatnot are impossible. Which is a good thing. Mods in the past have manipulated other peoples accounts to the point of the person leaving the forum for good. Definitely not a good thing there.

One thing I would love is an infraction system of some kind. That way I don't have to hand out temp bans right from the start. We could use another rep system too but one that isn't manipulatable.

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
for the site supporter, it should happen automatically if you subscribe to LPF to donate monthly automatically

it doesn’t apply for ad hoc donations, only the subscription. for people that it isn’t working are you subscribed or donate ad hoc?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm also a subscriber, been subscribed since the inception of the "LPF site supporter" program.
BTW, I just noticed that my supporter tag is back on.
Thanks Avery and (WILD), I appreciate the help. I didn't mean to be a pain, but this has happened multiple times. :)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
It's okay. I work for you guys but I'm not aware of everything so you gotta tell me and I'll bug Avery about it lol.
I'd like to also add ... Thanks guys for supporting the community!