Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does it exist?

roost4u

IS there a super small laser that can project a 180 degree line from 3 inches away?

kecked

I know there is a lens you can put in front of a laser to make a line. I think it’s a cylinder lens. I don’t think it’s quite 180 degrees. Likely nothing will be but it should spread like 60 degrees. Maybe you can use two in series? Don’t see 180 however if you intend a solid line. Maybe there is some complex curved shape but I’ve not seen it.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
180° would mean the emission is a perfectly perpendicular to the aperture which is nearly impossible. Even powell lenses won't get you that. However they are the best for giving you even line power distribution. But you have to expect a <180° fan angle.

roost4u

180° would mean the emission is a perfectly perpendicular to the aperture which is nearly impossible. Even powell lenses won't get you that. However they are the best for giving you even line power distribution. But you have to expect a <180° fan angle.
Well I don't need 180 degrees actually. I was just ballparking it to see if you guys knew if something was available. 130 degrees might work. I need it to project a line on a wall. The diode would need to be 3 inches away from the wall and the line would need to project at least 16 inches up the wall. It's easy to do from further than 3 inches with a laser I already have but I need the laser to be close to the wall. If anyone has a suggestion that would be great. Even if you could point me in a different place to look.

You may need to use a spinning mirror set at an angle, or a spinning mirror cube......actually for 180 degrees maybe a spinning flat mirror, front surface on both sides of course and your housing window could limit total emission angle.

kecked

If you only need to go up the wall just angle the laser very close to the wall and it will draw a line all the way up.
place near bottom and shoot up. Be safer shooting down. Use a 1mw or less laser.