Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

does anyone have this 1w ebay laser?

GSS

It most likely will do 1W..
It's cheap and fun for a first high power but members have said it's not a very comfy laser to handle due to the gattling gun look..You get what you pay for though.
I would look for a Thor style if your going cheap.
Somewhere on the forum it has been reviewed.

Hi it’s a cheap 1 w Laser don’t get your hopes up with it . You get what you pay for.

Rich:)

A lot of us have that laser.. it's ok for the price. I remember metering mine awhile back but not exactly sure what it put out... I think it was about 1.5 watt. Tell you the truth I don't even know where it currently is or if it still works! That's how much I like it! Ha!

Those Gattling laser hosts are small and the amount of aluminum used for heat sinking is not sufficient, IMO. As GSS said, if you want to cheap out the Thor looks better and the one I was sent to review is sufficient to handle 1.6 watts of optical power.

Hi LD:

I recently bought a Dual Power 445 nm Thor H laser that was rated at 1 W & 3 W. I’ve measured its Low Power at 1,370 mW and High Power at 2,570 mW several times with my 5.2 Watt LaserBee AX3 LPM. It is very bright and performs well. It also is threaded for the Sanwu 3X Optical Expander, which greatly increases its range. Please always remember that you MUST wear safety glasses for any laser with 1 W of optical power! Have fun and be safe. :D

-cd

I would be unhappy if I paid good money for a 3 watt laser that measured 2.5 watts. It is likely they used a square wave with a 50% duty cycle to drive the low power setting at the driver's TTL port, so it could be any less power than the maximum. I built an MSS SW-II with an NDB7875 diode that does put out 3 watts. I hope you didn't pay very much for that Thor H laser.

Last edited:
this is going to be my first laser. i have no experience with any less powerful ones. But I read enough to know not to shine it at people, animals, and any ways or transportation.

Beware of objects that may reflect light. If you get hit with a collimated reflected beam, it's lights out.

For a first laser I recommend sanwu 304 200mW 650nm or 100mw 532nm. I have a red one myself which got me started again after having a 100mW 520nm as my first decently powered laser laser. Even before that I had a 15mW(ish) 532nm from Dealextreme a while back.

Reactions: GSS