Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you wear goggles?

S

SenKat

I am going to have to order these and give them a shot - does it state on there specifically what optical density they are ?

S

SenKat

SenKat said:
I am going to have to order these and give them a shot - does it state on there specifically what optical density they are ?

***Edit - Ordered today - we'll see how well they perform !***

Wow, thanks for giving em a shot! They are red lens goggles for getting your eyes night-adapted before you do astronomy and stuff. The color seems to block out much of the green light as they are purely red, I know they aren't OD 5+ or anything good enough to withstand direct laser shots, but I think the advantages are definately worth the price, And you should expect them within 3 days from now! I hope they don't turn out to be OD 0.1 ::) or something lol

T

timelord

SenKat said:
I use stuff like this already Greg and I'd compare them to WL lasershades ;D ;D The WL sports were the best but my now NOVAlasers goggle kick butt in protecting my eyes ;)

S

SenKat

Sweet - I just need something to go OVER my glasses since nobody will pay for laser surgery for my eyes....and I keep on spending my money on more lasers....there is some irony in that somewhere.....

Nano

SenKat said:
I don't use them...my eyes are worthless without glasses anyways, so maybe I will accidently perform LASIK on myself, and be able to see better !

lmfao... I hope everyone laughed at this. it was funny.

i only use goggles for close up stuff, but my laser is only 35mw. if i get my argon working that will be a whole different story ;)

hey senkat whats the news on those $11 goggles? i need something for moving into higher power greens.

senkat said they were absolutely worthless and dumped them somewhere in another thread.

nes_ds

;D I voted without reading all the possible answers, I would have voted always when indoors, or when up close, but it's too late now.

xarylx said:
senkat said they were absolutely worthless and dumped them somewhere in another thread.
And to think I was scared I was going to go out of business ;D

@ SenKat: If WL shades will fit over your glasses, so will NESHADES, unless of course you have big nerdy bottle cap glasses ;D

IMO, I've never tried to wear NESHADES over glass, because neither me, nor my friends wear glasses. :-?

LarryQ

I'm kinda suprised that "Don't even have any" is so far up there.

Maybe those people don't have anything high powered.....Hmmmmm

I had a pair on order 10 Miniutes after receiving my Nova X-105!

Up to that time, I had no appreciation of what a high power green could do....I owned a Newwish 20mw..but it was a piece of JUNK!

Once I saw just how brite reflections were..even off dark Matte materials..I knew Goggles were in my immediate future!!

LarryQ

T

timelord

nes_ds said:
;D I voted without reading all the possible answers, I would have voted always when indoors, or when up close, but it's too late now.

[quote author=xarylx link=1179789175/15#24 date=1192118205]senkat said they were absolutely worthless and dumped them somewhere in another thread.
And to think I was scared I was going to go out of business ;D

@ SenKat: If WL shades will fit over your glasses, so will NESHADES, unless of course you have big nerdy bottle cap glasses ;D

IMO, I've never tried to wear NESHADES over glass, because neither me, nor my friends wear glasses. :-?[/quote]
LMFAO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• Goggles.jpg
    Goggles.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 108

Benm

Personally, i dont feel the need to wear them when messing with well visible (650, 532nm) lasers of limited power (few 100 mW at most). Obviously such lasers are dangerous when looked directly into, but as long as you can see where those beams are going, its easy to avoid.

Ofcourse, this is an entirely different matter when working with IR lasers, where the beam is hardly visible and the damage can be done without even seeing it coming.

nes_ds

For once, I can top one of TL's pics ;D

41SDP3RSAZL._AA280_.jpg

Wear mine whenever the laser is being used to burn up close. For just admiring the beam I'll forgo the goggles unless there is a chance of a reflection. Burining stuff tho the dot is insanely bright, I only tried that once with a match, and could see the reflections through closed eyelids. Didnt use the laser after that until the goggles showed up.