Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you like these kits?

Would you be interested in these kits for $15 ea. Shipped?

• Can't wait!

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Love the price, hate the hosts.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Yeah! Tough guys wear pink!

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • This entire idea = Fail

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
i'm definitely in for one of these :)

@mohrenberg the heatsinks are 0.89 inch right, so if i were to use this host for a green build my 60mm laser module would stick out about 40mm? or is there more room inside the host behind the heatsink for the module to go into?

I don't think this would work because of where the clicky switch is placed.

There is a plastic spacer type thing in the body that the clicky switch folds over to create a contact point. I guess you could drill this down and fold the metal over of more to give you a little extra room.
I seriously doubt it would yield enough room for you to fit a green module though.
These hosts seem to have that "filler" in the tailcap as well like daguin mentioned. I had not tried to remove it though as the host had already been sold.

I'll rip one apart when they get here and check it out. So we may have 3xAAA, 2xCR123, and 18650 capabilities.

BTW, I have listed them for sale in the BST.

Last edited:

I don't think this would work because of where the clicky switch is placed.

There is a plastic spacer type thing in the body that the clicky switch folds over to create a contact point. I guess you could drill this down and fold the metal over of more to give you a little extra room.
I seriously doubt it would yield enough room for you to fit a green module though.
These hosts seem to have that "filler" in the tailcap as well like daguin mentioned. I had not tried to remove it though as the host had already been sold.

I'll rip one apart when they get here and check it out. So we may have 3xAAA, 2xCR123, and 18650 capabilities.

BTW, I have listed them for sale in the BST.

ok, but if i was to just have the extra length of the module sticking out the front of the host could this work (like put the module in as far as it can go without hitting the switch and then just have the rest sitting outside the host and heatsink)? thanks for your patience with my questions, Hugo :D.