Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you guys think I will get my laser?

I ordered a 100mW laser off Ebay that was shipped out the 20th. Yes I have been told it will suck but anyways I am wondering if I will even get it or not now that the FDA had put a ban on them.

im sure you will get it.

where did you buy it from and who did you chose for shipping.

EMS is not who you want to go with.

In fact if it is going into the U.S., EMS will do just fine because it is handled by usps after entering the states.

I think it is going to be normal United States Postal... I didn't choose UPS or any other special form of delivery. It is the basic delivery. I am just a little uneasy because they are now illegal to be imported and I really wanted it.

Ohh I didn't know that. So I assume that they just fill out the customs forms wrong on purpose so they can be shipped?

Puddjuice said:
I ordered a 100mW laser off Ebay that was shipped out the 20th. Yes I have been told it will suck but anyways I am wondering if I will even get it or not now that the FDA had put a ban on them.

Unless you ordered a name brand laser I think you'll find out the 100mw laser is actually maybe 20mw if not 5mw with a <100mw sticker.

PayPal doesn't actually ship anything, the seller does that.  PayPal has simply decided to become a Nazi, they determine what they will allow you to buy with your money through them as the payment processor; no other payment processor tries to leverage any control over your money.  PayPal ought to just move to China and live in a Communist country, because they seem to be following that party now.

As far as DX is concerned, they don't necessarily always lie on the declaration form,  I've seen many packages that are clearly declared as "Laser" and make it through just fine; it's up to customs at that point; not PayPal.  ;D