Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do o-like modules have built-in IR filters?

Hi. I want to buy some O-like modules but I want to know if they have IR filters in them (I dont want to be blinded by the light o___O). I tried using the Contact Us link, but it didnt work when I tried it. Does anyone know if they have IR filters?

No, they don't have IR filters
You don't really need one, as the IR spreads out much more then the green. The danger from being exposed to dangerous levels of IR is very slim unless your being unsafe. Not having one helps keep the cost down. If you want a module with IR filtration you can try laserlands.com

We have to find out. At least they are almost two times cheaper.

I cant check, i dont own a laserbee, or any laser power meter, unfortunately

The small (pen size) o-like modules are not IR filtered. Their large modules are, I purchased a 450mW green module from o-like and the IR filter is clearly visible.

Received my second DX module today (20mW) and am very happy with it, just like with the first one (5mW). These lower end modules are a real bargain. Just $7-8 each. They came in one piece, nothing is loose and they don't need time to warm up. Recommended!
They are also relatively safe to pot mod ;)