Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DO NOT BUY FROM "o-like.com" anymore. PERIOD. Bad company since 2012.

:yabbmad:

So i'm saying this because I have bought A "sharp laser 405nm 400mw laser" few weeks back from them. Now, As I have waited for it to arrive... The laser doesn't work at all! Just a very very dim purple dot you can barely see it on the palm of your freakin hand! Yes, I've tried numerous batteries and still nothing! I have should of listen to all of the anti o-like threads and should of bought from LAZERER! Great, now I have to wait even more because I probably have to send "o-like" their precious unit back that which the thing doesn't even work for crap! You know, the meaning of "since 2012" is that I have bought from them before in 2011 and the laser actually WORKED so that's why I decided to buy from them again. That was a big mistake amigo! If you experienced the same as me with these criminals. Well actually, I have already seen someone elses with the same exact problem! But if anyone else had a problem with these criminals then I know exactly how you felt man. Go for rayfoss or lazerer. NEVER o-like.

Last edited:

Rifter

Seems like a lot of the companies with previous good reputations are going downhill lately(laserer, laserbtb, laserglow, now olike)

This is why I have decided building your own is the way to go.

You'll find the best lasers on this forum here in the B/S/T section :beer:

I was sort of overreacting a bit. I probably more than likely got a lemon with the luck I've got, But they should atleast check the laser before they send it if that were the case. Or maybe it broke on it's way. I don't know. I sent them a message about the problem. It's a shame because it had a such a cool waterproof host along with it. I've also found this cool site Survivallaser.com looks like they got decent stuff and they are located in the us which is a big plus. I want to buy from them some day.

*████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Last edited:
About the laser I bought from them in 2011, It was such great quality, lasted so long. Too bad I wasn't careful enough and lost it somewhere. After that, Bought the new one thinking it'd be just as good, Heck no... So I really don't know what happened with O-like since then. I've read some other posts from others today, I have to say im pretty much screwed. Because A lot of people are saying that if you send anything back to them in cheap post, They will say they did not receive it. Scam you pretty much. Unless I send it the expensive way but forget that especially where I live. I guess im gonna have to bug them to send me a WORKING module. Then I'll do the rest my self. O-like is a has-been.

Since when is laserglow and laserbtb bad now? I can understand lazerer and olike.. but the only incident with btb that I saw was the shipped in multiple packages ordeal. laserglow....?!

Rifter

Since when is laserglow and laserbtb bad now? I can understand lazerer and olike.. but the only incident with btb that I saw was the shipped in multiple packages ordeal. laserglow....?!

for laserglow see thread here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/bad-experience-laserglow-89394.html

see my post about lasetbtb in the companies section. I think it was a Canada post screwep for my issue but laserbtb would not take 2 min to start a claim with post so I ended up being out the money and lasers(I could not start the claim with post had to be sender)

Seems like a lot of the old greats are slacking in the customer service department lately. IMO it doesn't matter how good your products are if the service isn't there as well.

I've actually heard great things about Laserglow. Lazerer is not bad either in my experience, I've bought a rifile series and devil series from them and they both work fine to this day. O-like on the other hand.... A whole different story.

Do you ever wonder if customs sometimes drops anything while they are inspecting it :whistle:

Robpar

Rifter i dont agree that laserbtb is going down bec me and my friwnd both bought from them and we had great lasers from them, i actually receieved my 1W today and seems to be over spec

Rifter

Rifter i dont agree that laserbtb is going down bec me and my friwnd both bought from them and we had great lasers from them, i actually receieved my 1W today and seems to be over spec

There products are well regarded, I just have an issue with there lack of customer service.

There products are well regarded, I just have an issue with there lack of customer service.
I've also seen multiple threads complaining about laserbtb's communication and customer service. I know what you're talking about

Now Im gonna try putting the laser in the freezer just for luck. But very doubtful that will fix anything but still worth a shot. If anyone else can think of anything I can try please just let me know. Hopefully no-like replies to my email I've sent them about the problem.

Robpar

Yes i totaly get were ur comming from but keep in mind ( depending where you live) they are ahead many hrs than us, they are 12hr ahead of my time. But yes they can improve more on it.

Some of these companies will take a cheap diode and push it way too hard. I've seen resistors actually
desolder themselves and fall off driver boards. They also use big brass heatsinks to try and compensate
for its inferior thermal properties. This is a very bad combination that results in many failures.