Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do I smell 20W IR 18650 handhelds?

*drool* 33 amp discharge... wonder if its up to spec?
"Will not explode or catch fire." thats reassuring :D

Toke

Nice, all we need now is the 20W IR diodes. :)
(At least I have never seen them above 3W?)

maybe a diode bar? its not gonna be much of a handheld with all those correction optics though... :(

This is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time. There is NO reason for a 20W handheld laser, especially an invisible one.

@Toke and hugo999999, diode bars come in up to 60W I believe, and then there are the diode stacks and the bars run quasi-cw for even more power. It wouldn't be much of a handheld anyways because of the way they need to be mounted and the cooling required.

This is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time. There is NO reason for a 20W handheld laser, especially an invisible one.

@Toke and hugo999999, diode bars come in up to 60W I believe, and then there are the diode stacks and the bars run quasi-cw for even more power. It wouldn't be much of a handheld anyways because of the way they need to be mounted and the cooling required.

true i dont think anyone would be crazy enough to actually make one, not even a lab at 20W unless it had more of a purpose then burning stuff and they had some serious safety gear

Nice, all we need now is the 20W IR diodes. :)
(At least I have never seen them above 3W?)

Snoctony on eBay sells 5 Watt C-Mount and T0-3 808nm LDs
with FAC lens for easier focusing...

But I can't see the Logic or Safety of a 5 Watt IR hand held Laser..:undecided:

We use a 3W and 5W IR mounted in a Labby in the shop for testing purposes
only.

Jerry

Last edited:

Toke

Well no, there is no practical purpose for a handheld of that power, but then again how many people have practical use for their handhelds of any power?

I just can't help imagining taking one out in the garden of the sommer house and see what it does to vegetation. :D
(I would be the only one within line of sight, and have good goggles.)

Am I the only one who have seen too many sci-fi movies? :D

Well no, there is no practical purpose for a handheld of that power, but then again how many people have practical use for their handhelds of any power?

I just can't help imagining taking one out in the garden of the sommer house and see what it does to vegetation. :D
(I would be the only one within line of sight, and have good goggles.)

Am I the only one who have seen too many sci-fi movies? :D

That's what flamethrowers are for.

Weed Dragon Propane Torch Kit - All Natural Chemical Free Weed Control & More. The perfect weed burner for home and garden.

Grix

30 amps with 1,1 amp/h gives the battery a lifetime of under 2 minutes.

Toke

Don´t you think it have too much of a mundane and practical flavour?
As in not the least bit sci-fi. :D

Anyway, for something of that power I would go for more flash, a big flamboluant host, preferably with backpack and some flashing lights. :)

A backpack would also have room for the spectators goggles, for when you show it off.