Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do I destroy the CCD in the camera if i shine directly in to it?

Any one have suggestions to keep your camera in good condition when viewing and recording lasers??

( I use mine to see if inferred LD are working, and to set them up.)

depending on the camera that you shoot with you can possibly protect the lens with built in Neutral density filters. (also you can buy them to go over your lens) they are used when exposed to super bright light and they are filters that go over the image sensor(3ccd or cmos) i shoot with a sony FX1 and that has those features built in.

Sony fx1: HDR-FX1 | HDR-FX1 HDV Handycam® Camcorder | Sony | SonyStyle USA

LSRFAQ

Thorlabs sells an OD6 dark glass interference filter for 58$, If you must that is the way to go for CW powers up to 500-1000mW or so..
Even with one of those in place, I still check with a LPM before exposing the CCD...

I had a grad student destroy a vidicon based camera with a F1 lens using a 2 mW HENE.

Once he knew he damaged it, he then proceeded to carve his initials into the remainder of the 1/2" Vidicon.

Steve

I haven't seen a vidicon camera in quite a few years now. That is funny, though. I suppose you might as well carve your initials into it once you have damaged it.

hmm ... OP made this thread then quickly got banned (5 months later).. Sweden. (in 2010)
Psychopatic
Banned · From Sweden
Joined Oct 13, 2010
Last seen Mar 17, 2011
Camera issues are a common topic by Newcomers.

Always good to hear advice --
I use my older dig cams.. but so far n/p..
Len