Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DNA Sequencer ML Argon laser - Pic intensive

Should have had the guy pull the whole optics platter from the sequencer, there is stuff a LOT more interesting than the argon laser in those...

Should have had the guy pull the whole optics platter from the sequencer, there is stuff a LOT more interesting than the argon laser in those...

I requested a bunch of stuff from the unit, but really the only thing I got that I actually requested was the laser. I was just glad to get it in one piece :undecided:

dxs

Here's my remote... I built it for the nice Ar Dave sold me!
It has exactly the same capabilities as the original JDSU digital remote. At the top is a LCD panel, giving mW or A. The trickiest thing building this was that the whole stuff is powered from the +15/-15 20mA supplies of the psu, and it was not easy getting the panel meter to work. Short story: the kind of meter I have (PM128, real cheap) is supposed to run from a 9v battery, because the measured voltage can't be referenced to the supply voltage. The solution involved cutting tracks on the panel pcb as per the main chip datasheet, and using a symetrical +5/-5 supply to power it, taking advantage of the existing symetrical 15v output.
At the bottom is raw output to check for calibration of the meter with a basic multimeter.
Anyone needing details to build one don't hesitate to contact me!
Thierry

Last edited: