Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DL et all

I finally got my DL125 from Stephan today.  the delay was USPS shipping instead of UPS -- I was getting worried......  It arrived in like new condition - Good to see a seller on this forum who delivers.

Anyway, I have a DL95 and now the DL125 - Brothers....  Time to see which one "swings" better.

Model    Total mW (Peak) mW 10 seconds   mW IR

DL95   132 mW 85 mW    0.24 mW

DL125  126 mW 85 mW    0.25 mW

DX200  192 mW     137 mW  10.9 mW

It looks like I got a "sweetheart 95" 6 months ago.  All testing was with e2 cells and I limited the test to 10 seconds because of battery slump with AAA cells.
Power tests made with the LPM-1 meter and verifed with a calorimeter type meter.  
While the DX200 has more power total, it has a larger beam and has a  limited "burn" range of 2 -4 feet.  It does appear slightly brighter at night.  The DX also has something on the lens inside which I can't clean.  It gives a herringbone pattern scatter around the output.  

The DL "pointers" have the same start-up signature (peak/slump) which I will draw when I have a plotter.

Mike

Ahaha not OLD.. just wondering.

Have you tried any rechargeable lithiums.
I am scared because most of the info I have read said it would Kill it.

Your input would be most helpful.

Greenie --

All of my AAA cell powered "pointers" run on e2 lithium cells. One of my DX20 pointers jumped from 21 mW to 45 mW just by adding the E2's !!!

YMMV -------

Mike

Greenie said:
Ahaha not OLD..  just wondering.

Have you tried any rechargeable lithiums.
I am scared because most of the info I have read said it wouod Kill it.

Your input would be most helpful.

lithiums only kill red lasers because their diodes can't handle the power.

LL --

Sorta true about reds and lithiums ...  If you build a red to use lithiums using suitable current limiting resistors or cell impedance and a capacitor ---  NO problem.  I have two reds running on e2 cells. Rechargeable cells tend to have lower voltage and you might need three plus a resistor.
You have to know the laser diode.

Mike