Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diy Holograms

Jim H

Very cool! I didn't know about these new films. I had originally bought my single mode argon with the intention of trying to make holograms, and bought some not very safe chemicals for the processing, but never got any farther. I may need to try this out when I get a little more money.

yes
there are other members wanting to do same-I have HeNe reds and 1pc SL Argon and 1pc ML Argon (5 or 6 lines of 'color') both with PS and air.

Anthony P

Many argon lasers produce extremely high quality beams which are ideal for holography. The problem is vibrations. Holograms are very sensitive to the smallest of vibrations during film/plate exposure. This makes set up cumbersome as the laser would need to be remotely located. There are a few diodes appropriate for holography that greatly simplify set-up.

Jim H

Many argon lasers produce extremely high quality beams which are ideal for holography. The problem is vibrations. Holograms are very sensitive to the smallest of vibrations during film/plate exposure. This makes set up cumbersome as the laser would need to be remotely located. There are a few diodes appropriate for holography that greatly simplify set-up.
Way back when, I made a michelson interferometer using my argon. I used dryer vent hose to connect the blower, and I think a heavy plate on an innertube? Anyway, I was able to dampen the vibrations enough for a stable pattern

yeah thanks for mentioning vibrations- HeNes are quiet and vibration free.

I have a yellow and 2 green HeNes--not for sale-- the yellow was sold to me in person at SELEM by Sam Laser-himself how cool is THAT??