Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY Blu-Ray Project. Help please :)

jnrpop

No worries mate and thanks for my first rep point to ;)
Yer prop the only downfall with the LM317's is that they have a drop out which means when the batt gets low the circuit becomes less efficient. and the drop-out is quite high, i think the LM317 circuit has to have ~2.5v higher than the voltage drop of what your powering.

The only problem I am facing is the heatsink. In fact, I found a 12mm( diameter) cylinder from aluminum and put the aixiz in it. Unfortunately, there is a 1/10 mm gap between the module and the heatsink. I asked for help on #laserchat and they suggested me a thermal grease. So, I went at the local store, bought some of that grease, placed that thing on the module and then the aixiz back in the heatsink. But, the problem is that the module can't stick in there :(
Can you give me any ideas on how to solve my problem? Oh, and don't tell me to buy a custome heatsink from the internets.. Thanks in advance.

P.S here is a pic of how the module looks when covered with the heatsink.
100_0381.jpg

Silvershot said:
The only problem I am facing is the heatsink. In fact, I found a 12mm( diameter) cylinder from aluminum and put the aixiz in it. Unfortunately, there is a 1/10 mm gap between the module and the heatsink. I asked for help on #laserchat and they suggested me a thermal grease. So, I went at the local store, bought some of that grease, placed that thing on the module and then the aixiz back in the heatsink. But, the problem is that the module can't stick in there :(
Can you give me any ideas on how to solve my problem? Oh, and don't tell me to buy a custome heatsink from the internets.. Thanks in advance.

P.S here is a pic of how the module looks when covered with the heatsink.
100_0381.jpg

Well.... if you don't want to buy a heatsink designed specifically for the Aixiz module...
You could try to find some .04mm "Shim" material to make up the .1mm space.. :cool:

Jerry