Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Disassembly WF-501b glass lens (flashlight)

hey. i got my wf-501b host today.
i saw that there is glass in front of the host, how can i disassembly it?

thanks. :thanks:

Blord

Unscrew the retainer ring on the inside and the glass windows falls out.

Unscrew the retainer ring on the inside and the glass windows falls out.

thanks, that what i tried but the retainer ring is placed there really tightly so i can't unscrew it by my hands. any ideas?

Blord

Take a screwdriver and stick it in the aluminum ring. Then push it hard and counter clockwise out of the host.

It usually has two very small incisions on opposing sides from the inside, which can be used to unscrew it easily with a screwdriver and liberal application of force :p

Flat head screw driver, push REALLY HARD into the counter clockwise direction, once it loosens up, you can unthread it with fingers easily.

Take a screwdriver and stick it in the aluminum ring. Then push it hard and counter clockwise out of the host.
how can i stick it tightly? normal tape don`t working...
It usually has two very small incisions on opposing sides from the inside, which can be used to unscrew it easily with a screwdriver and liberal application of force :p

Flat head screw driver, push REALLY HARD into the counter clockwise direction, once it loosens up, you can unthread it with fingers easily.
i don`t have those incision :( ..
i tried to do unscrew it without those incision or tape and it just scratched the ring, it can`t be hold in one place...

any more ideas? thanks :thanks:

No, when he said "stick it in the aluminium ring", he didn't meant glue it or tape it somehow, just simply uhh... push against the ring really hard. Even without any incisions, simply push against the inside of the ring in the correct direction and it SHOULD loosen up and enable you to remove it.

Blord

it just scratched the ring, it can`t be hold in one place...

any more ideas? thanks :thanks:

You must push harder. You don't need the retainer ring and the window for the build.

You must push harder. You don't need the retainer ring and the window for the build.

this is not working.. i bent my small screwdriver already so i took the biggest with hope i'll success , i did not...

help :(

Blord

As last resort you can smash the glass and take the pieces glass out. That should release the pressure on the ring. The ring is then easily taken out with a plier.

Be careful with the sharp glass. Don't cut yourself.

after half hour of trying, i gave up so i broke the glass.
thanks! after i broke the glass and then it was easy to unscrew the ring. that really worked well.

after half hour of trying, i gave up so i broke the glass.
thanks! after i broke the glass and then it was easy to unscrew the ring. that really worked well.

Yup, when in doubt, smash it out.
If it jams, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing, anyway.