Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Disassembly of SkyLaser P532F-150Fa

I have the above mentioned laser. It was a gift from Betty at SkyLasers for reviews made on purchased units.

This laser has always been a wierd unit --- Unpredictable power ranging from 280 mW to 20 mW. Sky from the first had problems with maintaining good electrical connections especially at the higher currents demanded by 200 mW + DPSS modules.

The laser I have was glued together which contributes to bad connections in the threads on aluminum but, with heat (FIRE) I have got some of it apart. I have now seen short bursts of 280 mW !!

Now the Q --- Has anyone ever successfuly removed the laser module / driver from one of these? The glue they use is a curse to us and electrical connection. The blue power warning LED is now intermittent and responds to tapping indicating more poor internal connections likely due to that damn glue.

HMike

Blord

The head is glued on the laser. I think there is no way to open the laser without breaking the laser. I was also wondering how the open the aperture cap.

About the bad connection, did you remove the tailcap and shorten the battery and the laser to see if the connection in the tailcap is good ?
I did remove the PVC disc in the tailcap and replace it with a coin with the same diameter and thickness. My laser output did improve and is much stable now.
An English £1 coin will do the trick. :)

Btw I bought the golden one from the groupbuy a few years ago. The laser is still working fine at these time.

Last edited:
Blord ----
I removed the front focusing assembly using a leather strap in a vice and leather on a large vice grip. REMOVE THE LiIon Cell !!!!! Using an LP torch at low setting, I heated the threaded area until it was hot, Not HOT. I could still touch it. The glue broke loose and I didn't power it up until it cooled for an hour.
Yes, also using heat, I tore the tail cap apart and cleaned that too.

I'm getting better power but that flickering blue LED raises more questions.

HMike

Hello fellow P532F owner!

I posted on the repair forum regarding how to open these units. I bought mine from Rayfoss and it came with a slight misaligned module which causes the beam to impinge on the aperture sometimes... I too noticed the glue. Mine is out of warranty now and I thought I would take a look inside to see if the module was pressed in a bit poorly. My model is: P532F-300-Fa which was giving me 4oo MW (LPM tested) on a fresh charge. Do you have any photos of your disassembled unit so I can see how it is made? This will help me greatly. Since it still lases great, I do not want to twist it into oblivion... Thanks for your reply.

A link to my original post can be found here.

Avi

:thanks: