Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Diode.

Yes, it still works for what i've been using it for lately, i've just been avoiding long blasts as i won't have a charger until i receive the one from Larry.

Its just a pain as i don't seem to be getting to the bottom this! Can i say for sure though that if i fried the diode, it wouldn't work at all. Surely the same for driver etc too?

Yes, it still works for what i've been using it for lately, i've just been avoiding long blasts as i won't have a charger until i receive the one from Larry.

Its just a pain as i don't seem to be getting to the bottom this! Can i say for sure though that if i fried the diode, it wouldn't work at all. Surely the same for driver etc too?

not necessarily. I have seen in person smoked drivers by reverse polarity still working (slighty not adequately but still working). And a diode in reverse has a breakdown voltage if that wasn't exceeded it should have survived.. MOSTLY :D everything is relatively .. um.. relative. :D

Last edited:
Although i guess for a novice like me, it would be hard to find the issue! The only thing i can say is when the laser's been on for a few longer blasts working fine, it dims once, then again.
I know i only pressed on/off very quickly with the battery in the wrong way!

Although i guess for a novice like me, it would be hard to find the issue! The only thing i can say is when the laser's been on for a few longer blasts working fine, it dims once, then again.
I know i only pressed on/off very quickly with the battery in the wrong way!

try the a battery first, we will figure it out if that doesn't help :beer:

Cheers, i really hope that the issue is the battery & i havent damaged anything with that one off misshap putting the battery in the wrong way around.

This laser seems extremely powerful for a 200. It seems ok now whilts i use for short bursts, but i haven't had it on for anytghing up to 30 seconds as i havce no battery charger.

Will a better battery improve the lasers power too?

Back