Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode replacement needed

Hello everyone!

I purchased a wicked laser spyder 3 from FutureOne here on the forums, and it arrived DOA. I'm sure something happened during shipping as he seems like a good guy but now however I want to get it repaired does anybody feel like taking on the job for me?

I should've mentioned that it appears that this diode is zombied. Driver still out puts the correct amperage I would assume not knowing what the amperage should be for an Arctic.

I will buy the diode from DTR and driver if necessary, and simply ship everything to you and pay for the repair. Would like to retain original functionality with switch and modes so driver replacement may not be an option however I feel the driver is fine as it unlocks and goes through all of the modes just fine albeit very very dimly.

Please help me so I am not totally out of a laser here.

gozert

I'm wondering a few things. Have you seen photos of the laser when turned on, and how well was the laser packed for in the box you got it in? Was it protected against any damage that could happen when shipping a product?

Regardless of that, if the driver is still working you could probably find someone who can build a DTR module in it. It may need an additional heatsink inside though, as I'm not sure if the module fits right in. Some members have already taken their WL Arctic apart, try searching for them and send them a PM. Maybe they're willing to do it for a reasonable price.

I can repair it if needed. Got the diodes and drivers in stock too. send me a PM and I will help :)

gozert

Would like to vouch for Thejoker301 (Eitan). He will definitely be able to repair your laser and make it even better than it was before. His builds are excellent as well.

Lasers don't just up and die on their own. Did you see pictures of it working before you bought it?

I didn't see the lasers working when I bought them however he seemed like a good honest member and has graphs and all paperwork to go with the lasers. He has now offered me a refund after he gets a return tracking number. What are your guys opinions?

I bought a 532nm 400mw stick and the spyder

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/several-lasers-flashlight-sale-93503.html

Here is the original thread for the sale.

I am now thinking about just getting both repaired. I can tell by looking at the arctic it has been opened before, unless WL does really shoddy work. Please give me some opinions.

Thanks,
Joe